What Type of Plants Are These?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OMG - dangerous dangerous site - now I have all sorts of new ideas running through my head !!! I think I can squeeze a 10G in the bathroom near the tub LOL - a nice hot bath fishwatching - now THAT"S relaxation !!! The only thing I'd worry about is electrocuting myself LOL

Wish I could help you identify the plant, but I'm too new at this. Hopefully someone else will know.

well thanks for trying. I know.. the site has AMAZING tanks. One made me wanna do another cichlid tank so bad and i told my pops about it and he said NO! lol.

Well they could be:
Pygmy Crypt end red/purple color plants
Bamboo Plant
Blyxa japonica
Microsword middle plant

To be quite honest, they all look like Polyvinylus Chloridus
AKA, artificial. They do not look real at all, more like silk plants.

I too am not sure they are real. Those center plants are lime green...and the substrate is small boulders...not conducive to good plant growth/rooting.

If you notice one of the gallery choices is "live planted aquaria", which leads me to believe that fish_4_all's id of "Polyvinylus chloridus" is correct for that tank.

Anyone else think that most of those tanks look overcrowded? Even with fake plants they are beautiful, though

The other plants I listed are viewable from here or here and you can probably order most of them from here or here .

As for Polyvinylus chloridus, and aquarium site will have a lot of them, just look under artifical plants or silk plants or maybe aquarium ornaments.

Polyvinylus chloridus is just a fancy made up word for fake plants. They are not a real species. To find really good plastic and silk plants do a google search for aquarium ornaments. There are lots of places that have extremely realistic looking ones.

And don't fell bad, I searched for it for 6 hours before I asked what it was. :?

I also agree that those tanks were way over populated and I will bet that most of them are taken care of by some fish dude and the owners seldomly even get their hands wet let alone probably not identify half the fish in the tanks.

Holy Smokes 6 Hours! Thats a lot of searching lol.

Thanks a million though for giving me thoughs sites and everything else though.

I can't help but notice that most of those tanks don't have any equipment anywhere. How is that possible? I'm not talking about the ones with canopies and such. Several show top shots and I don't see any filter inputs or outputs or anything.

I still cant seem to find what the big tall green ones in the very back are. Can anyone identify?

They are plastic plants.

Find a plastic plant that looks just like that and you will have it.

They might be trying to look like Blyxa aubertii (this is similar to B. japonica but larger) or even the non aquarium plant Mondo grass (Ophiopogon japonica).

I would guess that they're fake since they have a seperate category for planted aquariums

Oh!!! My bad. I was looking at #26 under planted aquariums. #26 under freshwater does look artificial.

Back
Top Bottom