What would you plant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheresaM

Aquarium Advice Addict
What would you plant in the open area on the left side of this tank? It's an Evolve 4 with with led lights that it came with. I had a few small crypts there but the shrimp decided to turn those into lunch :roll eyes:

Thanks!

img_3149391_0_2bce503d85493f61f03777aea89c1519.jpg

Anubias? Java Fern? Amazon Sword? Also, a ice little Scarlet BAdis wouldn't look bad in there, would also keep the shrimp population in control! :brows:

Nils

Anubias? Java Fern? Amazon Sword? Also, a ice little Scarlet BAdis wouldn't look bad in there, would also keep the shrimp population in control! :brows:

I've thought about getting a badis, aren't they sometimes difficult to feed though? I guess because of the small size they'd only other shrimplets, right?

Crypt wendtii red or green
Lemon Bacopa (B. caroliniana)
Are the java fern rhizomes buried in the substrate? I would raise them above the substrate.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I would completely cover the bottom in a moss like baby tears or Christmas moss. And plant a Anubis barteri in the left corner.

Sent via Messenger of Gondor

As Fresh already mentioned I'd definitely start by pulling those Java ferns up. Any sort of crypt would do well on the left side. Parva in the foreground, wendtii behind it perhaps.

I guess that if you could supply live blackworms you'd be fine. Also, at the rate that shrimp reproduce, the Badis will be constantly fed and the population will grow at the same time. I picked up a Micro Sword at the LFS today, beautiful plant, you could do that there too.

Nils

I think a dwarf lily bulb would look great in there. The red against the black and green would break up the color nicely.

I have four that grow well under low/medium lighting. I use the current satellite plus LED.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom