what's a good diffuser for DIY co2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishdud

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Tired of using cig buds, air stones, chopesticks and glass diffuser. Can't you stuff the tube with foam or sponge? Haha

I don't think you'd get the tiny bubbles you're looking for with foam or sponge. A powerhead would probably work better than a passive diffuser because it puts a bit of negative pressure on the CO2 line, which would make your DIY system work better. I know when I did DIY CO2, I couldn't put the diffuser too deep in the tank because the water pressure would stop the CO2 flow.

I've got a pressurized system and I use a powerhead as a diffuser. I've got a Penguin 660R that's meant to power a RUGF. I run the CO2 line into the aeration port and I have the RUGF adapter aimed toward the wall of the tank. The tank usually looks a tad cloudy because of the fine spray of CO2 bubbles.

Thought it would cause the cig buds make a small mist of co2 but It's gets annoying have to replace it so quick cause it makes big bubbles fast and the pressure of the water keeps male the tube go out of the tank even with suction cups. What are the cig buds made of? Can't I use that material?

I think they're made of something fibrous and nonflammable. Fiberglass maybe. I don't see the material lasting any longer than the butts do.

Blah It's the only good diffuser to use for now. I have a glass one but doesn't work as good and I'm wanting to switch to pressurized but It's all soo expensive. My next best bet would be to use that filter and have it break down and go through the sponge to break down the bubbles. I think you know what I'm talkin about Haha it costs like $8

Right Now I have the End of a Cotton Swab Stuffed at the End of my Tube and it Sits Right Infront of my Powerhead Outtake. Makes Nice Small bubbles, and the P.H. Blows them To the Center of my tank.

What kind of cotton? Just any cotton? May i see a pic to see how you set it up?

Back
Top Bottom