What's going on with my Anubias?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tacit Blues

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have an Anubias nana "wavy leaf" that has been in my aquarium for a couple months now. It's been making lots of new growth, but in the past couple weeks one of the old leaves turned yellow and fell off, and then another leaf also started turning yellow. This evening when I looked at it it appeared that one of the new leaves was discolored as well, with a brownish splotching marking covering the base of the leaf. Here's a picture:

a9Mopvg3S2AGQ5YcQs8pkeVzZMNtUtNm_eUE6Gkn6xQLAYspN

The new and newly discolored leaf is the top circle and the old leaf that is turning yellow is the bottom circle.

When the first old leaf fell off I purchased and started dosing some Flourish Iron, and I do think that the other yellow leaf has gotten a little better (though it may be in my imagination). But then with the new leaf turning colors I got worried again. Is there something else I should be doing for it?

Anubias are hardy, but still need fertilizer of some sort. I too dose iron, along with glut and an all around fert. I've never had any yellow leaf.

Sent per three-eyed raven...

From what I've experienced, that's either and iron, like mentioned, or a potassium(?) issue..

The big lead could just be an old leaf

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

From my experience anubias require potassium

Dose Flourish potassium
Or order some potassium sulfate and make some for about 1/20 the price.
1.4tbsp potassium sulfate + 500ml of water = Flourish potassium

Since I've been using api leafzone my anubias plants have grown producing new healthy leaves...

Getcha feet wet fish tank people!

Dose Flourish potassium
Or order some potassium sulfate and make some for about 1/20 the price.
1.4tbsp potassium sulfate + 500ml of water = Flourish potassium

Yeah, I kept thinking about going to GLA and getting the PPS-pro pack, and kept deciding to instead just expand my bottles of Seachem stuff--and I know that I've spent more on it all than I would've if I'd gone the dry fert direction... but, as my grandpa always told me "experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted." Experience and several bottles of liquid fertilizer, apparently!

Back
Top Bottom