What's happening to my plants? :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

am3ience

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407634600.730508.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407634619.650312.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407634635.614421.jpg

I have a 36g. I dose daily with seachem flourish excel, twice a week with seachem flourish, and use root tabs. Some of my leaves are also going transparent :/

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

you probably have no macro nutrients aka nitrogen, potassium, phosphates.

none of what your dosing will have these. With a large fish load and regular feeding you should be able to get enough nitrates and phosphates, maybe.

you should look into dry ferts, k2so4 ( potassium sulfate) and kno3 (potassium nitrate) and k2hpo4 and plantex csm+b (micronutrients) once your flourish runs out (flourish comp is micros but overprices watered down)

Your Plants

Hello am...

That's not much light, even for the plants that require low light. The dark green plants typically need only low or subdued lighting. The lighter green plants will need much more.

If you can add another 20 watt bulb to the tank that would help. Plants like species of Anubias, Java fern and any of the mosses like Christmas and Singapore will grow in most tanks, but you'd need another bulb.

B

Those look like swords to me, they really need root tabs to grow well.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom