What's the best co2 system for its price

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dooboedoo12

Aquarium Advice Freak
What's the best co 2 system for its price? I've spent so much money on this new fish tank so I can't get one of these OD expensive ones and I don't want a do it yourself one because I'm not that handy. Anyone can help me out with some ideas?

I just ordered seachem flourish tabs and potassium

Btw should I take out my carbon? It's been running in my filter since I started my cycle. My cycle is about a week from being finished.

CO2 System

What's the best co 2 system for its price? I've spent so much money on this new fish tank so I can't get one of these OD expensive ones and I don't want a do it yourself one because I'm not that handy. Anyone can help me out with some ideas?

I just ordered seachem flourish tabs and potassium

Btw should I take out my carbon? It's been running in my filter since I started my cycle. My cycle is about a week from being finished.

Hello Doo...

Have been doing a little CO2 research and I think I'm going with the Fluval 88 system. I have a 40 G tank that I'm going to put it into and see how it works. Alphaprobreeders appears to have a good price. I'm going to supplement the CO2 with some Flourish Comprehensive liquid and see how the plants do.

You can remove the chemical filter medium (carbon). If you do frequent water changes, you don't need it. The water changes do a much better job of cleaning the water than carbon.

B

IMO Aqua-Tech makes a good solid regulator and although not the cheapest, it is a great value for the money. Tanks, diffusors can be had on E bay or Amazon reasonably.
Your activated carbon is only good for adsorption a couple of weeks. After that it just becomes another place for BB to colonize. Most experienced aquarists stop using it except for removing meds. Look at Green Leaf Aquarium for a balanced line of ferts for macros and micros. Good luck, OS.

I have a Milwaukee regulator with an electric solenoid. It's less expensive than the Aquatec, maybe by $15. I can't say it's better or worse than others because it's the only one I've had. But it does work, and Co2 definitely makes a difference.

I looked up the fluval. I'm scared of hat one. They say paying for the canisters will add up to over 200 a year and that there dangerous and they tend to break allooot. One review was talking about house it broke and killed 4 of their fish when they were out one day. I looked into the Milwaukee one , that one it's 85 so 15 less that thy aquatek but than you would need to buy the co2 tank also, and people have scary reviews about dead fish on it too? I mean I'm very new to this so removing valves and tubs and replacing things is nothing I know about. Reviews wise aquatek did the best with a lot less scary reviews on it. But that I would also need to buy a co2 cannister for. And I think a bubble counter ?

I've only had my Co2 for 6 months maybe, and it's not as intimidating as many people think. The regulator I have has a built in bubble counter.

I looked into buying a tank online and decided against it. It's like trying to buy and ship a propane tank for your grill online... doesn't make sense to me. Find the place that is going to REFILL your tank with Co2 in the phone book or from a friend. My friend who brews his own beer (they need Co2 for their hobby too) hooked me up with a gas supply company locally. I just went there with the regulator, told them I wanted a 5 or maybe 10 pound tank of Co2, and they sold a used tank filled to me for about $80. Then, when it empties, I just take it there and exchange it for another one for $15. Unless you have it turned on too high or have a leak, the tank should last at least a year, maybe two.

I think that's the one I'm going to look into than. The reviews on all of them tend to scare me

Back
Top Bottom