What's this plant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

johnfishman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I purchased it today at my lfs as an misc unpotted plant. Any idea? The big on the right side of the photo? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396838603.102048.jpg

It's a kleiner bar sword I have the same one

Thanks! Any idea on lighting or placement. I currently have it tied to driftwood.

Needs moderate lighting and you can just stick the rhizome in the substrate I don't think you should tie it to driftwood.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396889993.592792.jpg how about this one? The same issue with it. I think it's duck weed though.

Also with respect to the sword, I have goldfish who disturb the sand substate very often and I don't know that it would last there. Would it be ok left on the driftwood or should I put it in a pot?

Also with respect to the sword, I have goldfish who disturb the sand substate very often and I don't know that it would last there. Would it be ok left on the driftwood or should I put it in a pot?

You can plant it and put large smooth stones around it. You can plant in a pot and bury a root tab. And hide the pot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 232171 how about this one? The same issue with it. I think it's duck weed though.

Not duckweed, Duckweed is a tiny floating plant.

That is Anacharis. You can untie the bunch , separate out the stems and let it float. Goldfish will eat it. But you could float some in a bowl under a lamp and keep some growing. Or just buy new as needed.

The more greens and Veggies you feed, the safer your plants are. Thawed, skinned Green Peas at least once a week for sure.

Also I was wondering how hard it would be to completely change over my substrate from sand to a planted substrate?

Last time I accidentally got some with another plant... It covered the entire top of my tank, clogged my filters, and took months to get rid of. Absolute nightmare.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Also I was wondering how hard it would be to completely change over my substrate from sand to a planted substrate?

Even with a specialty substrate you'll end up needing root tabs.

Sword Plants ? I just plant and make sure where the leaves join is above the substrate.

You could layer the substrate on top of the sand. Since the sand isn't that deep. My Shrimp and Cories prefer sand. So I have black sand tanks.

Back
Top Bottom