What's wrong with my water wisteria?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mPhish

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've had this 10gal tank for 6-7 months and my water wisteria is a NIGHTMARE! I got it when I started the tank, and it just randomly lost leaves and grew new ones on the top. It's mostly stopped doing that, but now the edges of the leaves are brown/black and it keeps losing them. There are still some healthy ones on the top though. Yesterday a big clump started floating around. My other plant (can't remember what it is, some kind of fern) is pretty good, one of the bigger leaves is brown but it's still growing and looks healthy otherwise. My substrate is gravel. What's wrong with the wisteria?
:thanks:

If it's only dropping bottom leaves and the tops look healthy then it might be either losing emergent leaves and/or not getting enough light to the bottom of the plant.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Its not really dropping leaves, they are turning brown around the edges

You can cut the good top half off and take out the bottom half. You can plant the top half and it will grow. Sometimes the top good part blocks lights from getting to the bottom and it gets blah. Also I would suggest adding a root tab right under

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Iv had some wisteria grown emersed. What's the best way to convert them. Iv been floating them like my other plants but they don't seem like they want to change over. Thanks

It is pretty amazing to see the difference in them though! Of all the plants to me personally I think wisteria has the biggest change from grown emersed/not

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Your Water Wisteria

Hello mP...

Water Wisteria will do better if you float it close to the light. Especially, if you have low to moderate lighting. Planting it in the bottom material typically shades all but the top leaves. What you eventually have, is a long stem with leaves only at the top.

Pure water is as important to plants as it is to fish. If you're not changing half the water in this 10 G a couple of times a week, your plants won't get the minerals they need.

Fertilizers are important if you don't keep many fish. A good liquid like Seachem's Comprehensive will definitely help the floating plants.

B

Back
Top Bottom