What's wrong with these crypts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

toaduck

Aquarium Advice Activist
They're wendtti green and they stay brown and constantly melt

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1415560973725.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415560973725.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 68
  • uploadfromtaptalk1415560993380.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415560993380.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 63
Are they recently planted? If so, crypts are notorious for a bit of a melt when moved or transferred into a new tank environment. Although, from the pictures, it sort of looks like diatoms forming on those leaves. Have you tried to see if the brown rubs off fairly easily with your fingertips?

Also, have you placed root tabs under the crypts? That and dosing some excel will help.

They have been in tank for a month. I just recently placed osmicote diy tabs underneath. I do know I'm fighting diatom right now. It's everywhere. I'm just keeping it cleaned off. I just started dosing pps Thursday. I started dosing diy co2 only about two weeks ago. I've had to play with the recipes to get it right so my co2 levels have been all over the place. I guess the unstable environment has gotten them messed up.

The Brown on the crypts won't really rub off.

I've no clue it seems like they should be growing well

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

My crypt wendtii green and red went through lots of moved and melted the first time when I stated using excel.

The green does go a little bronze depending on the light, in my brief experience with crypts labeled as wendtii green.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

Back
Top Bottom