what's your fav cap for a dirted tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mebbid

Aquarium Advice Addict
Within the next couple months I am very likely going to have to reseal or replace my 55g tank (probably both) and I figured I might as well switch up my substrate as well since I currently have black diamond blasting sand. I am really interested in trying out eco complete, but on the other hand I thought about making the move all the way to dirted since I should be going high tech soon.

So I am wondering what you guys prefer to use to cap dirt.

I have used both white play sand and regular. For me, the regular was too dark for my liking, (but that might also be because I also painted the back if the tank black), so on my main 100g I used the finer white play sand and I am much happier with the look.

I tried the white play sand in a planted tank and absolutely hated it. It just always looked Dingy no matter what I did.

Yeah, thats what I thought she used. But thankfully I have a 10g planted tank I can test these things out on before going full scale with my 55g.

I think I am gonna give pool filter sand a try to see how that works for me but as always I am open for suggestions.

I took Rivercats' advice and did dirt with an ecocomplete cap. Really happy with it. Even when I get distracted and ignore the plants they thrive.

I like the Eco Complete but did a tank recently with the Eco Complete fine as a cap and really like that, I think even more than the regular.

I like the Eco Complete but did a tank recently with the Eco Complete fine as a cap and really like that, I think even more than the regular.

Where do you find the Eco complete fine grade? Can't find it on amazon, petco, a google search...

Where do you find the Eco complete fine grade? Can't find it on amazon, petco, a google search...

I think my daughter ordered it from Foster's and Smith. I told her to get a bag or two.... she got 5! I have enough for a few more tanks.... lol!

Back
Top Bottom