When to use co2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NativeTank7

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm almost ready to start up my dirted 55 gallon. Im starting Friday if everything goes right lol. I know the dirt supply's co2 from the soil for a little while but my question is how long and when do I need to start adding my own co2 and nutrients

I'm almost ready to start up my dirted 55 gallon. Im starting Friday if everything goes right lol. I know the dirt supply's co2 from the soil for a little while but my question is how long and when do I need to start adding my own co2 and nutrients

Your soils co2 content is minimal, and will dissipate quickly as it is just trapped from when you put in the soil. Anyway the need for Co2 all depends on what plants you have, how much light, and if your using fertilizers.

Your soils co2 content is minimal, and will dissipate quickly as it is just trapped from when you put in the soil. Anyway the need for Co2 all depends on what plants you have, how much light, and if your using fertilizers.

I have low light I believe. 2 32 watt T8s that are overdrived to 64 watt a bulb. I'm going to get fertilizers soon. Probably just API leaf zone. I got low light plants as well

I have low light I believe. 2 32 watt T8s that are overdrived to 64 watt a bulb. I'm going to get fertilizers soon. Probably just API leaf zone. I got low light plants as well

You will be fine with using liquid carbon a few times a week if you so choose.

I agree that CO2 isn't necessary in this tank with the level of light you have. Liquid carbon supplements are a great option though.

Back
Top Bottom