Where can you find Jobes Fern and Palm Spikes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

equinecpa

Aquarium Advice Regular
I went looking for the Jobes ferns and palm spikes today. I couldn't find any anywhere. I tried Lowes, Home Depot, Target, Walmart. Where do you find them? Does anyone have an online link they can give me!

Thanks

Carolyn

Why?

IMHO they cause more problems than they are worth. If your plants need nutrients then go to www.gregwatson.com and buy some controllable nutrients.

I've never had a problem with them, as long as I used very small pieces, deep under the plants and don't disturb it... ever. Unfortunately, I've only bought them at all the places you mentioned

I have had problems with them, but I know lots of people who swear by them. I use Seachem root tabs if I am adding something to the substrate, but otherwise I second the recommendation to visit gregwatson.com.

When it comes to ferts there are so many ways to go wrong, so it helps to know your water and your plants and know exactly what you need, since there is not a one-size-fits-all approach to fertilizer.

Whats wrong with Flourish Root Tabs formulated for aquariums? As mentioned, why do you think you need them? Your post is vague, at most.

The Flourish tabs contain no nitrates or phosphates. They are mainly calcium and sulfur with a decent amount of iron.

Besides even so called "root feeders" will gladly take up nutrients from the water column before taking up nutrients from their roots.

make your own root tabs with plantex CSM and some red clay powder. you could add other dry ferts too if desired, and you can churn these out for about 10 cents per root tab.

Back
Top Bottom