Where to buy a "plant package?"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vmax911

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm new at the planted tank thing, and have spent a few hours looking through plants at various websites. And I must say it is very overwhelming, there are so many types, kinds, species, whatever, etc.

Is there a good online store where I can buy a "sampler" or "starter package" of low - medium low light plants.

FYI, I have a 50 (48x13x18) gallon with 2 32watt T8 6500K bulbs (I believe this puts me at about 2 NO wpg). No CO2, currently with a few crypts (I think) and rotala I found at the LFS.

Here's a low light plant package at FreshWaterAquariumPlants. It's for a 15-30 gallon tank, so two would probably be about right for your tank. I've never ordered from them, but I've heard good things about them from others.

The Aquatic Store also has several low light packages. Again I haven't ordered from them, but have heard good things about them though usually their CO2 equipment.

I would just go over to our classified section and wait for someone to post about trying to get rid of some clippings, or perhaps even post a wanted ad.

Thanks for the links! I spent most of my time at plantgeeks, aquariumplants, and some other site I forget. I knew someone would sell packages.

I would post in the classified section, but I don't have enough posts yet! :(

Also, 2 wpg is still considered low light, correct?

depends on how u are getting 2 WPG. in your case u are using t-8 which are more efficient than NO bulbs so u are at a bit higher than 2 WPG. that is the borderline for medium. u would be safe with most medium light species. post what u like before u buy them so we can comment if they will be a good choice for your tank.

also try Aquabid, although I would avoid any sellers from the far east as it just takes the plants too long to get here. many folks here (including me) have had great luck with the seller "lowcoaster".

I have also ordered from Aquariumplants.com and was pleased....I ordered individual items but I think they might have packages too.

Mr Funktastic - I think I already accounted for the T8 thing. I have 2 32W bulbs over 50 gallon, which is actually 64/50 = 1.28wpg. But then I multiplied by 1.58 as described in the wpg sticky and got 2.02wpg. So that is still considered low-light, correct?

I found what I think to be a good package at aquatic-store.com. Now I just have to wait for it to ship. Thanks again for all the suggestions.

Just FYI, aquatic-store is not currently selling any plants. My money was quickly refunded, and he seemed like a nice guy, but it would have been nice if he would have mentioned it on his website. So the search continues...

Since you found a package that you liked, why don't you order the same plants that were in that package individually. You should be able to find them through the Barter Trade forum or a site like AquariumPlants.com.

That's pretty much what i did. I found a package at freshwateraquariumplants.com and added a couple of plants to it. Now I'm back to waiting.

Anyone know where to find aquatic clover? (marsilea quadrapholia or something like that.)

Back
Top Bottom