Where to buy EI dosing ferts and CO2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mattcham

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm located in the USA. Where is the best place to buy fertilizers for EI dosing? Online store perhaps?

Where is the best place to buy pressurized CO2 equipment? (I hear local welding supply store?)

Thanks in advance!

Find an Air Gas supplier n get food grade co2

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I bought my aquatec regulator aswell as most all of my aquarium stuff (filters, lights, etc.) And everything has been great for me. The few times I've had issues there return policy is fantastic.

The only aquatec regulator on amazon.com is for scuba diving. Am I missing something?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks for the aquatek recommendation.

Regarding CO2 tanks, is it better to buy locally or via Amazon? Will having an aluminum tank make it more inconvenient to refill? I hear that with iron tanks the welding supply store just swaps tanks so no need to wait for your special tank to get filled? Is this true?

What other co2 hardware do I need besides tank and regulator? I'm starting a new thread on pH controllers. If you have amazon.com links to other necessary CO2 hardware, that would be really appreciated. The target tank is 125 gallon. Thanks in advance!!!

Thanks for the aquatek recommendation.

Regarding CO2 tanks, is it better to buy locally or via Amazon? Will having an aluminum tank make it more inconvenient to refill? I hear that with iron tanks the welding supply store just swaps tanks so no need to wait for your special tank to get filled? Is this true?

What other co2 hardware do I need besides tank and regulator? I'm starting a new thread on pH controllers. If you have amazon.com links to other necessary CO2 hardware, that would be really appreciated. The target tank is 125 gallon. Thanks in advance!!!

pH controllers are unnecessary. Get a drop checker and an atomizer and you will be fine. You might need a couple atomizers.

I just bought my CO2 tank locally. It was just a smidge more than it would have cost me to have it shipped and it came filled. I would go with no less than a 10lb cylinder on a tank that size.

What CO2 atomizer/reactor do you recommend? I am looking for lowest maintenance and maximum reliability.

Get a bubble counter.
Check with local CO2 suppliers. Some rent tanks or have a swap program. Others simply fill them up. If it is the latter, then buy the tank online or locally.

Back
Top Bottom