Where to buy low light plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meviva

Aquarium Advice Regular
What plants are good for low light conditions and what websites are good for buying them?

Anubias, java fern, mosses (like java, flame, Xmas, etc.), cypts, and swords. I find the best deals if you have the patience to buy from forum members in the buy/sell section of The Planted Tank forum. Otherwise, you can buy online from Live Aquaria or Aquabid. However, a lot of these low light plants can be found at typical local fish stores or even the big box places like petsmart or petco.

Aquarium Plant Source

What plants are good for low light conditions and what websites are good for buying them?

Hello me...

I get all my plants from Ron McGee at alphaprobreeders. He's very helpful and has a good variety of low light plants. He's a shipping wizard. My plants arrive in great condition, no matter what the weather is doing.

I keep different varieties of Anubias. They're the best low to moderate light plants I've kept. Prices are very good.

You won't be disappointed.

B

Thanks Brian and BBradbury. It always helps to get references when shopping at unknown websites. I will take a look at the websites and look for the recommended plants.

bobstropicalplants.com is also another good website to buy from. Great customer service and pretty low prices.

PetSmart and PetCo are actually carrying several low light plants these days. I've seen various types of Anubia's, Java Fern Regular and Wendilov, and Crypts there in tubes. These are all fully aquatic low light tolerant plants.

PetSmart and PetCo are actually carrying several low light plants these days. I've seen various types of Anubia's, Java Fern Regular and Wendilov, and Crypts there in tubes. These are all fully aquatic low light tolerant plants.

Yup I bought my Anubias Nana at Petsmart. Came in a tube. Seems to be doing well so far.

Anubias, java fern, mosses (like java, flame, Xmas, etc.), cypts, and swords. I find the best deals if you have the patience to buy from forum members in the buy/sell section of The Planted Tank forum. Otherwise, you can buy online from Live Aquaria or Aquabid. However, a lot of these low light plants can be found at typical local fish stores or even the big box places like petsmart or petco.
Buy and sell section? Reeeeeeally. I like this place more now...

What you can do is just search the classifieds for plants and pm people you want to buy plants from, that's what I did until I was allowed to post :)

I actually have a bunch of root drift wood that I want to trade for plants of sell. I love it, but my wife hates the orange tinge the water gets.

Oh I see. Maybe boiling it will help? Otherwise you have to have been registered for 15 days and have 15 posts I think.

Back
Top Bottom