Which fert regimen do you use?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How do you fertilize your tank?

• Total voters

Mebbid

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am curious as to what everyone does as far as fert dosing so I figured a poll is a perfect thing to see what everyone likes.

Also, why did you choose that particular method?

Personally, I use the EI method. I chose that because it was the first fert method I looked up and since I am having a ton of success with it I don't see a reason to switch :)

Hi Mebbid,
Hope you had a good Christmas. With the pressurized CO2 I've had to EI my potassium
but still use PPS method for the others. Working very well. No algae devils have developed at all. (Crossing all fingers and toes and knocking head on wood)
MANY thanks to advice from Rivercats. OS.

Pps pro worked for me. I chose it because you dose everything each day instead of switching every other. Simpler for me not having to track what I did yesterday.

I use EI. It is by far the simplest dosing method around. I have six Dixie cups labeled Mon-Fri on top of my light with that day's dosage that I dump into my tank when I get home. Takes about 20 seconds to put together after my weekly water change and keeps me on track. It's like a manual autodoser of sorts.

I started pps pro and have since come up with my own version based on my own observation, I dose twice a week monday's and thursday's. I increase or decrease amount of doses depending on plant load.

I use EI. It is by far the simplest dosing method around. I have six Dixie cups labeled Mon-Fri on top of my light with that day's dosage that I dump into my tank when I get home. Takes about 20 seconds to put together after my weekly water change and keeps me on track. It's like a manual autodoser of sorts.

Good idea, dude.

Btw, still curious when we're going to get to see the legendary aqua_chem's tank... :lol:

Good idea, dude.

Btw, still curious when we're going to get to see the legendary aqua_chem's tank... :lol:

It's a wreck right now. I'm fighting utricularia right now, and as such have basically destroyed my foreground pulling it up. Probably going to have to rip it all out to get it all.

Good idea, dude.

I've been asking to see those too for ages. Let's see them AC! :)

Edit... that is when you get things back to where you like it.

Edit 2: I use PPS-PRO, slightly modified version of it. I plan to try EI someday. But pps has been working well for me.

Last edited:
I use brightwall aquatics liquid ferts. Its what I started out with and it works well, so why not?!

Back
Top Bottom