Which Osmocote to use?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jcolon

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've been researching using Osmocote in place of root tabs and I've narrowed it
Down to the indoor / outdoor or the garden / veggies formulas. I've read on various forums about both and would like opinions from members.

I'd go with the osmocote plus. I've used the 14-14-14 but the plus is a better idea since it also includes micros.

I looked for it, but I can't seem to find the plus formula ... yet ... Since you recommend it, I'll look around more.

I edited my post because I checked my bottle and its not the 14 14 14 its the indoor/outdoor. I don't think it makes a huge difference, though. It's not a big deal if you don't find the Plus, but you'll want to dose something like flourish comprehensive in addition to the osmocote.

Ah good, I planned on dosing Comprehensive anyway for my Anubias and Java ferns.

Well, my efforts to find osmocote plus did not pan out .:facepalm:.. So... I went with the indoor outdoor formula. It's only been a few days, but I'm confident my swords will appreciate them. I bought another large bottle of comprehensive to supplelement and added some water sprite. Crossing my fingers.;)

Back
Top Bottom