Which plants in my 10 G, 20 watts, Dry Ferts, Excel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Atl300zx

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok i have the following plants in my 55 Gallon that i am willing to move some of them to my 10 Gallon. It has 2 10watt screw-in CF bulbs, dose Excel for Co2, and use Greg W. Dry ferts.

Amazon Sword (1 med, 2 small)
Wisteria
Glosso
Java Moss
Xmas Moss (thinking of doing the background)
Star Grass
Ambuilia (Reg and Asian)
Tropic Sunset
Giant Bacopa
Reg. Bacopa
Dwarf Sag
Pearl Weed
Dwarf Hairgrass
Micro Sword
Pennywort
Ludwigia repens

In addition to some of the plants above, i am gonna get some crypts for the tank, i just like the ones in my 55 gallon so much i am not willing to move them. If anyone has any crypts, i am willing to take them off your hands or i can trade some stuff for them.

IMO you do not have enough light for most of the plants you listed. i have 2 20 watt screw-ins CF on one of my 10s and i concider that only medium-low light :?

i would stick with low light tolerant plants with this lighting...
Tropic Sunset
Java Moss
Xmas Moss
Wisteria
crypts

as well as anubis, elodia and java ferns

I think you need a better light...

I am fine with a low light tank, i already have a hi-tech high light tank, just polling to see what others with low lights planted tanks would suggest as i have never had one.

JDogg covered all of the low-light tolerant plants, at least all the ones that I could think of. Pretty sad that you have deprived yourself of a low-light tank until now. :)

I've never had any problems using Excel with Crypts. Only plants that have confirmed issues with Excel are Anacharis and Vals. Of course Crypts don't like sudden changes in water quality, so they might melt when you first start using Excel but they should spring back shortly.

I'd recommend Mosses, Crypts, Anubias, and Java Ferns.

Back
Top Bottom