Which UP Aqua Glass diffuser to choose?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Backwater

Aquarium Advice Regular
Noneya Business lane in the Who's Asking subdivisi
Hi guys/gals and thanks for stopping by.
I am deciding between two different glass diffusers to use in a 10gal planted DIY passive Co2 setup and could use some more input, reviews, help ... etc. etc.
I've decided to go with either or these two because they are cheap, easily available and can get here in a decent amount of time but I don't know which one. Both are same price but diff shapes.

1. UP Aqua UA-522: this one has a few reviews around the net and seems to be the one in most the youtube vids and seems to be a good pick. It also has a larger reservoir but I heard width matters more for the diffusion but the larger reservoir would me the Co2 is in the water longer and may dissolve more prior to disc diffusion.. true ?
http://www.marinedepot.com/UP_Aqua_UA_522_CO2_Glass_Diffuser_Aquarium_CO2_Bubble_Counter_Diffusers-UP_Aqua-AZ64379-FWCOBD-vi.html

2. Up Aqua UA-526: This may be a new model and looks sleeker but less reservoir and like ZERO reviews or videos on youtube that I can find... Wondering if it's for passive only or if the shape w/ less reservoir will make a difference or not ? If not I'll probably go with this one. http://www.marinedepot.com/UP_Aqua_UA_526_CO2_Glass_Diffuser_Bubble_Counters_for_Aquariums-UP_Aqua-AZ64383-FICOBC-vi.html
If anyone has reviews for it, info, advice ... etc etc. Please reply and thank you in advance. :)
:dance::thanks:(y)

It looks more like minor stylistic difference really. Either should be ok, but when in doubt, I would go with the most documented product.

Also, depending on your filter type, you may be able to just run it into your input

It looks more like minor stylistic difference really. Either should be ok, but when in doubt, I would go with the most documented product.

Also, depending on your filter type, you may be able to just run it into your input

Thanks aqua_chem! to the rescue as usual. I appreciate it. I sent emails to Marine Depot and to the US distributor about the product and got some replies but waiting for more answers. I got a phone number too I'll try monday. Hopefully they'll give the ok and I agree the documented one is safer but the sleeker style one looks better and I'd like to see if I can find some critques on that one.

do either look ok for passive (non-pressurized) systems as in a DYI Co2?

PS> I'll be updating the L. Repens thread with new info in second. It's looking good!(y)

I just set up my first DIY co2 last month and I'm using the Fluval CO2 diffuser on Amazon.com. It takes my DIY system to accumulate enough pressure to work with a ceramic disc a full 24 hrs later. Just make sure all your seals are air tight and be patient after you initially mix the yeast and sugar.

I'm looking into picking up a glass diffuser for a pressurized paintball system for my other tank. These UP Aqua or el'cheapo Ebay ones seem decent for the job. LMK how it works out.

I still say you should put it into your intake and see if it works. I'm not familiar with the mechanics to be able to judge one way or another.

Back
Top Bottom