White cloudy film/growth on CO2 ladder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mbjrc

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well I have a 10 gallon planted tank with red cherry shrimp. I have a DIY Co2 system set up. I have the bottle with the mixture with a tub to a gas separator. The tube from the mixture goes almost to the bottom of the bottle. The tube that goes to the tank is close to the top. It them goes to the CO2 ladder. This is where the growth is. Its at the exit of the tube, and on the bottom rung of the ladder. It effects the bubbles as the get disrupted and get knowcked off the ladder. It is white, kind of translucent. It only grows when the Co2 is present. I had trouble with the reactor for a few weeks and didnt have any co2, it was fine. I started it up and within a few days the growth was back. Does anyone have any clue to what it is or how I can fix it? I have had this exact set up befor on the same tank, a few years back and i never had this problem......

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...hite-growth-on-the-flipper-bottom-122683.html

Someone else was just having the same problem.

I myself had this issue when I used DIY. I don't know if we have ever definitively id'd it, or figured out how to get rid of it. I soaked my bubble ladder in peroxide for 2 days and it came back within 2-3 days after doing this. It is a pain in the butt. I just used an old toothbrush and wiped the bottom wrung (That was the only place it grew in my tank) about every 3-5 days.

Back
Top Bottom