White residue all over glass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adamG

Aquarium Advice Regular
It's not at the top it took over the entire walls of a full tank when I was away one weekend. It's a planted tank with live bearers. Also use plant supplement. My aquarium brush won't take it off, it's hard like a hard water stain.

Is it on the outside or inside of the glass? Sometimes when my tanks really full water weeps through the trim and drips down the side and leaves those white deposits. Supposedly a mild acid like vinegar will take them off but I haven't had too much success removing them. I'm considering trying CLR on them, maybe starting with a weak solution of it first.

I have hard water and I get that film around the water line, it wipes right off with a wet paper towel or a algae rush I don't think it will hurt your fish

It's inside the tank where the water is, it's odd only happened in 3 days. I've tried using a scotch Brite pad but its still hard to get off so I just cleaned the front so I could see contents

I don't know why i didn't think of this, but here are two pictures that show comparison of cleaned off and not cleaned off. I just didn't know if that pad would scratch the glass

Attachments

• image-3525397957.jpg
    image-3525397957.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 247
  • image-3804168701.jpg
    image-3804168701.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 137
Finally clean! New plant addition to add color and fill in. Lets hope they thrive! And a slight arranging.

Attachments

• image-321839361.jpg
    image-321839361.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 119
Back
Top Bottom