White stuff in my tank?!?!? WHAT IS IT!?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rxblade123

Aquarium Advice Freak
Once I got home from high school, I noticed white things on my Java Moss and leaves of my amazon swords and other plants. Also its floating around in the tank. What is it!?!?!?!?!?!?! Is it some kind of spores or something? Is it poisonious to humans? My fish are doing ok, but they are more active then they use to be. Maybe because they are use to their new home now? When I checked my HOB Filter I noticed a small roach was under the cover. Could that have done anything to the water? I don't want to clean the water because I'm not sure if it's harmful to humans or not. Any ideas what it is? Reply ASAP please.

It is all in different sizes. Some are in a strand. Some are round. And I can't really tell if they move since the water current always pushes it.

Does nothing. I don't know how I got it though. Better not hurt my Blue Rams! lol My corydoras decided to swim on the Java Moss and some of the stuff was knocked loose and its floating around the tank.

And does anybody know how fast Dwarf Sagitarria grow in 2 Watts per gallon and DIY Co2. I use Seachem Flourish Comprehensive Plant Supplement for fertilizer like a bottle cap full every 2-3 days. Depends if I see some algae starting to grow.

I'm not sure of growth rates.

Take your plants out and rinse them. Try to get all the white stuff out of the tank--or has the filter taken care of it?

I had that symptom twice in my old tank. I really don't know what caused it but changing out my filters and doing a 25% water change "broke it down"

I have much less gravel in this tank and keep the PH and various other levels closely monitored now. I have not noticed a return of the white stuff.

Back
Top Bottom