Why am i getting algae(with tests)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Devon6209

Aquarium Advice Activist
Am still getting BBA and a little GSA

Liquid PH test
I see 6.4

image-3920444647.jpg

Test strip for trates trites GH and KH
I see 30 0 75 and 60(test is lighter in person)

image-3805742222.jpg

Dry NPK and CSM+B ferts. Dosed at 1/2, 1/8, 0, and 1/8 respectively. Lighting is 3 t5ho 54w bulbs 6500k.

So degree KH is roughly 3.36 and PH of 6.4 therefor my CO2 should be above 35ppm. But I am still getting BBA. Today I did increase my CO2 levels. And the test strip of PH says in between 6.8 and 7.2.
Any ideas?

60g my bad. And pressurized co2 with inline diffuser on fluval 306 intake

That's a lot of light over a 60g. I use two 54w t5ho bulbs hung 8" or so over a 75g and it's a handfull. If your getting bba then chances are you still are not getting enough co2 or not enough co2 to some areas of the tank. You might want to consider raising the light fixture if possible or remove at least one bulb.

It's hard to judge co2 using only test strips also especially if the test have not been calibrated. Do you use a drop checker?

I have a cheap plastic drop checker that came with my regulator.

You may want to use the drop checker. They are not perfect but it might give you a better idea of your co2 levels. You may have 35ppm at one time during the day but co2 levels fluctuate with plant demand.

Is the tank heavily planted?

If you are getting GSA you may need to increase phosphate levels.

BBA and GSA can both be caused by low CO2.

How are you injecting CO2? (Regulator? Diffusion method? etc)

aqua_chem said:
BBA and GSA can both be caused by low CO2.

How are you injecting CO2? (Regulator? Diffusion method? etc)

Inline reactor. On the intake of a fluval 306

image-4026530263.jpg
It is full of water now.

Back
Top Bottom