Why are my plants falling apart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmdavies

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My plants have been thriving for months growing new shoots and doing well now they are falling apart. i dont have c02 and i dont dose ferts

Attachments

• image-2800748340.jpg
    image-2800748340.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 141
  • image-3650950656.jpg
    image-3650950656.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 130
Do you have stock lights? And for plants you really should do either or. If you don't have alot of plants just dose excel weekly.

I have stock lights on my 20 gallon and i put some liquid ferts in about once a week or when i notice some yellowing or chewy leaves.

I use something called "plant gro" from my. LFS

It's hard to tell from the pictures but I bet you have some type of nutrient deficiency. Are you using root tabs under those plants? They look like swords, and if they are, they are really heavy root feeders. Add a tab under it and it will perk back up.

The tips look like they have been chewed on by your fish though. Are you feeding them enough?

What's your nitrate testing at and what other plants do you have? What fish do you have in the tank? Some are more notorious for nibbling plants than others?

Looks like some sort of deficiency. How often do you do water changes? Water changes replace essential trace nutrients as well.

Back
Top Bottom