Will LED's grow plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Would you not agree though that most premade LED setups (double bright and reef bright, etc) would in fact impose such a limit? I don't think that it's fair to lump CREE LEDs and the cheap diodes that they put in most retail fixtures into the same category. Most of the PAR data I've seen regarding LEDs supports this.

I believe that most of the higher powered LED fixtures use Cree diodes. I think the Marineland Double Bright and Reef fixtures use 1W Crees. They may not be run at full power though.

BigJim said:
I believe that most of the higher powered LED fixtures use Cree diodes. I think the Marineland Double Bright and Reef fixtures use 1W Crees. They may not be run at full power though.

Ive never heard that before. If thats the case, its pretty disappointing.

CREE does make one watt LEDs. I doubt the MarineLands are underpowered three watts as they would be considerably more expensive. There are other manufacturers also... Luxon, for one, that are a bit cheaper than CREEs and HeroLED has their own branded ones also but I'm not sure who actually manufactures them, and there are others.

Back
Top Bottom