Will my crypts come back?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Planterjonas

Aquarium Advice Regular
I recently started up this 5.5 gallon and put in my crypts from the previous tank because I wanted to change from gravel to floramax. However I did realize that my crypts would melt, but will they come back because they look in pretty bad shape... :(

image-2252685583.jpg

image-2125380088.jpg

Yep they will. Like Dallas said as long as the root is intact and they are properly feed with root tabs they will bounce back pretty fast.

No you still need the root tabs. Floramax isn't a fertilize just a substrate with a high CEC or Cation Exchange Capacity. Basically it binds up nutrients for later use by the plants. Fertilizers are still necessary.

No you still need the root tabs. Floramax isn't a fertilize just a substrate with a high CEC or Cation Exchange Capacity. Basically it binds up nutrients for later use by the plants. Fertilizers are still necessary.

I also am using flourish excel every morning when I turn the lights on

They will bounce back. I just split a huge crypt into several pieces, and replanted. as soon as roots appeared I put pieces of root tabs under them. They are call coming back nicely.

Yes you can trim them, in fact its advisable. Clip them as close to the Rhizome as possible. This will help encourage new growth, as long as the rhizome is healthy.

Back
Top Bottom