Will my java moss be ok with temporarily high temps?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

piao liang yu

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am not sure if my Angelicus Botia have ich or not, but my wife says she sees the salt like spot on them. At one point I thought I may have seen it as well. Still not sure. In any event, I have raised the temperature to about 86 and added a bit of aquarium salt. 1 tbsp per 10 gallons (half dose due to loaches) Anyway, just got some more java moss and got it in where I want it and decided to research java moss. Some of what I found said they can live in waters up to 90f, but optimal growing temp is 75. Others say it will die in waters over 80f. Any clarification on this would be appreciated.

I plan to start bringing the temperature back down to around 78 tomorrow. Going to drop it three degrees per day. Should the moss be ok? Currently at 86f.

like i said, i researched this question and got conflicting results. Some sources say java moss can do well in temps up to 90f and others say it will melt in above 75.

anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:
You unfortunately don't really have any alternatives do you? Maybe you could remove the plants, use QuICK Cure on them, and then increase the temp of the tank like normal?

You unfortunately don't really have any alternatives do you? Maybe you could remove the plants, use QuICK Cure on them, and then increase the temp of the tank like normal?

i have thought of removing the moss and put it all in a big jar if it is necessary. I have read loaches don't tolerate medications too well is why I have not used any this time around.

Back
Top Bottom