will these be sufficient for co2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

krap101

Aquarium Advice Addict
The regulator looks pretty good, but if the bidding gets to be higher than about $50 then I would just consider buying a new Milwaukee or JBJ for around $69.

That tank on eBay is at a decent price for now...but he is overcharging on shipping a bit too much. I've heard that people get Co2 tanks locally for somewhere in the $40 range, but that didn't seem to be the case in my area. I bought a new 10 lb tank online for $80 and just switch it out locally for $17 per fill.

As for your new tank with eco-complete, the stickies in this forum are the best resource for dosing nutrients.

Regulator looks fine, but I agree, if it pushes up much higher, it'd be wiser to buy a new JBJ regulator. At least then you get a warranty.

On the cylinder, 25lbs empty...its probably an aluminum tank. I'd check around locally. Around here, you cannot buy a new CO2 tank, even a 5lb one for less than $100. It sucks. One welding shop, one fire extinguisher shop, one home brew store.

ive seen 2 welding shops around here, 1 coke packaging place and thats all ive seen, but im sure theres alot more.

so you just walk in and ask if they have any extra co2 tanks? and how much should i think about paying? (dont want to get ripped off)

Well, prices for a brand new 10-20 lb tank will run you anywhere from $75 to $100 if bought online. Prices can really vary locally so you will want to do a lot of homework on your particular area. Keep in mind that if you own the tank then you will need to keep up on the cost of safety inspections(every 5 years). Some places offer a rental option which might be another option to consider.

I bought a tank online, but then I found out that my planned local fill-up spot only accepts their own rental tanks as an exchange!!! The way to go for my neighborhood is deffinately rental, but you might have a welding place that will fill up your own tank on the spot for about $15. Start hitting the phone book looking under medical supplies, air, compressed gas, welding, etc. I made probably 12-15 calls before I had a good picture of all my options, and I ended up exchanging rental tanks at the local auto parts store.

Hope that helps somewhat... I would only pay $30-$50 for a used one, and depending on how close it was to needing a new safety inspection.

Back
Top Bottom