wisteria?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

evil Nick

Aquarium Advice Addict
So my wisteria grows like mad but I notice as my new lengths, shoots and leaves sprout its almost like the old ones whither away. They get lanky turn brown and almost get an algae film.
Is this normal behavior?
I have been sort of plucking off bad leaves, breaking long stems and letting them regrow but eventually Ill have to actually rip one of the old stems out completely and Im not really looking to do that because MAN these things have rooted out under the gravel.

If you pluck the leaves off of the stem will new ones grow in their place or is it best to just rip the plant out, replant the good portion and ditch the old?
thanks

New leaves won't regrow. But that's sort of how you manage stem plants such as that. Cut the stem off above a healthy set of leaves and plant the top. Two new shoots will form from where you cut it and the top that you planted will root and grow.

Do you use root tabs for them? They are primarily root feeders and their lower leaves will deteriorate like that when not properly fertilized.

New leaves won't regrow. But that's sort of how you manage stem plants such as that. Cut the stem off above a healthy set of leaves and plant the top. Two new shoots will form from where you cut it and the top that you planted will root and grow.

Do you use root tabs for them? They are primarily root feeders and their lower leaves will deteriorate like that when not properly fertilized.

Yes I use root tabs but I have been meanign to get more lately.

Back
Top Bottom