Wisteria dying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abbly

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi I'm in the process of planting my 45 g hex tank . I have quad t5ho lights on usually 10-12 hrs a day because the tank is so deep .
I just started with a DIY co2 which is producing a good amount . Just got my drop checker and it seems to be in the right range :)
I got this plant from a family member and it wasn't great to begin with it came from a tank with a ton of nitrates .
It seems to be getting more brown ... :( wondering if there may be any deficiencies .
I use flourish and a pre bottled liquid plant fert I got on aquabid .

Does not look like Wisteria. Looks more like Java Fern. Java Fern is best not planted in the substrate. It should be attached to rocks or driftwood or such. The rhizome needs to get some light. It is also common to experience a transitional period as the plant acclimates to it new water conditions. Give it some time to adjust. Java Fern also does not require a lot of light. You might consider shortening your photoperiod down to eight hours and maybe only run two bulbs at a time or you may have algae issues here in the near future.

Back
Top Bottom