Wisteria plant rotting away! :'(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PattyCakes81

Aquarium Advice Freak
Something weird happening to my Wisteria plants. The tips are bright green and growing but the bottom leaves of the stems are rotting away.

ForumRunner_20130209_104113.jpg

How long have they been in tank? Could be acclimation. It also looks quite shaded down there.

I thought the mopani was an oscar, lol.

Lol! To me it looked like a dog!
New scape
ForumRunner_20130210_132720.jpg
Had to change because the Mopani was blocking light from getting to the bottom stems of the wisteria. Had to trimmed bottoms and discard. The rooted leaves made my ammonia level go all the way up over 8ppm!
ForumRunner_20130210_133006.jpg
Look how dark blue the ammonia test tube is!

Check to make sure you tested the ammonia correctly...

Just a suggestion- remove any wilted leaves or dead roots when moving plants plus doing a 10% water change (at least), and using your waste water to wash all of the plants you are transferring can help with those spikes!! Remember to research your plants like you research your fish :) combo of ammonia, nites and ph could wipe out your plant collection.... This is coming from first hand experience, I had a crash about a month or so ago.

Just a suggestion- remove any wilted leaves or dead roots when moving plants plus doing a 10% water change (at least), and using your waste water to wash all of the plants you are transferring can help with those spikes!! Remember to research your plants like you research your fish :) combo ofMI ammonia, nites and ph could wipe out your plant collection.... This is coming from first hand experience, I had a crash about a month or so ago.

Thanks for all the advice! Will do.

'Scape looks nice.
Don't worry, in a few weeks that Wisteria will be tall again and soon after that it will take over your living room.

Lol, I forgot how quickly wisteria spreads!! My ludwigia repens is doing that right now- it's even growing sideways off of itself. You'll know the feeling soon, pattycakes, Good luck!!!!

Lol, I forgot how quickly wisteria spreads!! My ludwigia repens is doing that right now- it's even growing sideways off of itself. You'll know the feeling soon, pattycakes, Good luck!!!!

Thank you! You are freaking me out now! I just want it in that corner! I guess I can tried to sell it!

Back
Top Bottom