Wisteria question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

evil Nick

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hypothetically if I cut all my wisteria down to nubs sticking out of the gravel would it regrow? Some of it is looking shabby and I'm almost wanting to just re grow it.
Also been debating on getting rid of it all together. Doing a rescape and just using more blades like java fern and swords

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I started trimming mine and placing the tiny nubs i got off the top into the stratum. They grew back really quickly and nicely imo and now I am running out of places to place new ones :p

Hypothetically if I cut all my wisteria down to nubs sticking out of the gravel would it regrow? Some of it is looking shabby and I'm almost wanting to just re grow it.
Also been debating on getting rid of it all together. Doing a rescape and just using more blades like java fern and swords

Cut to desired height, then replant

It will regrow where the leaves meet the stem right before the cut. If they are looking shabby it's either because you need root tabs or they are old.

If they are old, just cut a few inches off the top, plant the top, and discard the base.

If you dont use root tabs... start :)

Don't cut the plamt to a stub...it rots quickly, i tried this once. I would just leave 2 levels of leafs on and cut the rest. Should branch off in time.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom