'Worms' on Moneywort plant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bok

Aquarium Advice Newbie
We have a 20 gallon H that is just going through the last stages of cycling. (almost there!) In it we have one calico Ryukin fantail, one albino cat, 2 otocs, 2 peppered cats.

We just added a live moneywort plant and noticed two worms in a container we had put the plant in before adding it to the tank. They are dark brown, diameter of very fine thread, about a half inch long.

What are they??? Bad/benificial?? No idea if there were more that went into the tank with the plant:( Will vacuuming the gravel get rid of them if there are more??

Thank you fort and Joy.
If there was a possibility they would be harmful I'm prepared to start over :(

I've been browsing through the different topics and this is one of THE most informative aquarist sites I've come across.
Kudos, gang!

If it was me I would keep an eye on my tank and if they seem to be taking over consider a dewormer. This is an active ingredient you will want to research Fenbendazole find out if it is safe for the catfish, I know people use it in their shrimp tanks without a problem.

Back
Top Bottom