Worried about my psi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishayFishay

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just set up co2 for the first time ever and need help. I think I did everything right regarding my azoo co2 regulator and setup but I need some guidance.
IMG_2104.jpg

The psi looks fine. The gauge on the left is the working pressure and is currently at 50 psi. This is plenty for operating a ceramic diffuser. It can be dropped down to 30 psi and still be effective.
The gauge on the right is the tank pressure. It is measuring ~1000 psi which is around what it should be when new.

Whew! Thanks. I just seen so much people saying about 30 psi or 25psi and adjusting it and such. I thought I was doing something wrong.

I have another question if y'all don't mind. I bought this "atomic diffuser" from eBay and it seems like it needs so much pressure to shoot co2 out of it. I have it on 1bps or even 2bps and it barely budged. IMG_2111.jpg
What could it be?

I have another question if y'all don't mind. I bought this "atomic diffuser" from eBay and it seems like it needs so much pressure to shoot co2 out of it. I have it on 1bps or even 2bps and it barely budged. View attachment 294549
What could it be?

New diffusers can take up to a couple of days to work properly. Wait it out and it should become fine bubbles within a few days

A dKh solution indicator is the best IMO. Bubbles per second and a psi meter do tell part of the story, but the dKh solution tells you how much CO2 saturation is in your tank. I keep mine at a lime green color. This color occurs with 2 bubbles per second, in my 20 gal, which is about 38 to 40 ppm of CO2.

A dKh solution indicator is the best IMO. Bubbles per second and a psi meter do tell part of the story, but the dKh solution tells you how much CO2 saturation is in your tank. I keep mine at a lime green color. This color occurs with 2 bubbles per second, in my 20 gal, which is about 38 to 40 ppm of CO2.

I have one of those and it stays at blue. It doesn't even seem like any co2 is being entered in my tank.

New diffusers can take up to a couple of days to work properly. Wait it out and it should become fine bubbles within a few days

I put an airstone instead just to see the difference and even that doesn't generate bubbles unless it's at a 2bps

I put an airstone instead just to see the difference and even that doesn't generate bubbles unless it's at a 2bps

Have you got a check valve in the line? Check if it's the right way round. Is the bubble counter set up properly?

Try going to a stupid bubble count to begin with just to see if it gets going and then turn it back down to your 2bps

Have you got a check valve in the line? Check if it's the right way round. Is the bubble counter set up properly?

Try going to a stupid bubble count to begin with just to see if it gets going and then turn it back down to your 2bps

Image1486509294.089150.jpg

This is my bubble counter and I think it has an integrated check valve in it. I noticed this morning when the co2 shut on that the flow of co2 was too weak for the water that tried to back siphon up the airline tubing. I just don't want to put so much co2 only because the diffuser is acting crappy.

View attachment 294569

This is my bubble counter and I think it has an integrated check valve in it. I noticed this morning when the co2 shut on that the flow of co2 was too weak for the water that tried to back siphon up the airline tubing. I just don't want to put so much co2 only because the diffuser is acting crappy.

Run direct to the diffuser and start it out of the water. See if it is the bubble counter or the diffuser. My azoo reg came with a bubble counter that screws onto the outlet of the reg then the line goes direct from the reg to the tank

Run direct to the diffuser and start it out of the water. See if it is the bubble counter or the diffuser. My azoo reg came with a bubble counter that screws onto the outlet of the reg then the line goes direct from the reg to the tank

Thanks so much. The diffuser isn't the problem now that I tried that. My bubble counter was requiring more pressure I guess to get to the diffuser. It is a plastic piece of crap. I'm gonna order another one, any suggestions? I don't think I can get one that screws on to my regulator already.

I'm just gonna run it predictably what I think would be 1bps and go by my drop checker.

Thanks so much. The diffuser isn't the problem now that I tried that. My bubble counter was requiring more pressure I guess to get to the diffuser. It is a plastic piece of crap. I'm gonna order another one, any suggestions? I don't think I can get one that screws on to my regulator already.

I'm just gonna run it predictably what I think would be 1bps and go by my drop checker.

You can make a temp one out of a soda bottle. Just drill 2 tight holes in the top and pull the line through with pliers. (Needs to be real snug). Cut the end of the hose at an angle to make it easier to pull through. One line hangs long and into the water and the other is short about an inch down through the cap. Fill half way with water and PRESTO! You have a bubble counter untill you get a new one ;)

Make sure you have a check valve in the line or you will get back flow into your solenoid

Back
Top Bottom