Would 4 of these?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A T5HO fixture with 6700K bulbs will grow aquatics very nicely!

How many watts you need will depend on several things: such as Types of Plants, are you going to dose ferts, do you intend on running Co2.

A T5HO fixture with 6700K bulbs will grow aquatics very nicely!

How many watts you need will depend on several things: such as Types of Plants, are you going to dose ferts, do you intend on running Co2.

Eventually.
It is in my plans to dose ferts and inject CO2, because my goal is to grow ground cover and plants that need high light output.

But I want to begin with the proper lighting and start with a few "user friendly" plants.

Would I need 4 t5 bulbs or just 2?

If you plan on growing ground cover such as Dwarf Hair Grass it will require higher watts, if it fits in your budget i would go with a fixture that has enough watts to grow them in the first place to save from needing to upgrade your lighting in the future. 3 watts per gallon is a general rule of thumb. but with higher wattage you WILL need to run Co2 of some sort. 1 to 2 watts per gallon will grow alot of plants nicely without Co2. But to really get them to go nuts 3 to 5 watts per gallon along with Ferts and Co2.

Those T12 and T8 tubes are cheaper at Home Depot. T12 6500 K are $5.99 for 2 and the T12s are around $7.99 for 2.

Back
Top Bottom