YEA!!! just got a bunch of new plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SGNL_5

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
so the other day i bought a few new plants. i'm not to sure on what types they are, but the person said they would work best with the lighting i have, regardless they were in a huge tank at least 100 gal, so they looked pretty small. Then me not thinking all that much got some of the bigger ones 8O turns out when i get home they were HUGE in my little 20 gal tank. hahahha, but anyways i trimed them down quite a bit and got them all planted.
any suggestion of any more plants, or do you think i'm already gonna have enough triming once they all grow in.
also i have a few of those cheap bulbs you get at walmart which havnt grown yet.

thanks

newfulltank.jpg

I think you have a well laid out aquarium with a nice selection of plants. Those broad-leaved plants in the center provide a nice backdrop to the rocks you have stacked. You might want to add some color by getting some telenthera or cryptocorne wendtii "red" or perhaps a red melon sword.

Bah, a red melon will outgrow even a 75gallon tank...not good for a 20.
I'd say hold off...see how this batch of plants does. They could look great for 3 weeks, then all die off if you lack the light and nutrients they need.

Agree with Malkore, hold off for the time being.

I really like the way it looks though, hope it works out.

Also, I failed to mention: very nice job laying out the plants, and I like the rock cluster in the center.

cool, thank you guys for the compliments. Hopefully they will last, I am still pretty new to planted tanks, actually tanks in general hahahha. though i am not sure if my set up is suffecient? Right now i have 2 x 20 watt flourescent bulbs, just regular ones you get from lowes, ones a grow bulb and the others a daylight bulb. i had a diy c02 which i will put back asap, i'm gonna redo it with silicone tubing. i also am using sachem flourish. any other suggestion on increasing my chances with these plants. would it be benificial to add more light?

Back
Top Bottom