Yeast C02 recipes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tifta

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just curious what yeast co2 recipes everyone is using? what's in it and how long it lasts? I've seen a few recipes online, but haven't seen anyone say if they are good or not.

Pick one and try it. Most of the differences are probably pretty trivial.
I was going to but, I'm wondering if there is a difference in using baking soda vrs not using it. Or there is just no difference.

mine has been good n constant for a week sofar, i used it in a 3 liter bottle i did 2 cups of sugar in a botthe with 3/4 of yeast and 3/4 of baking soda and sofar i been getting really good resulkts on my 75 gal, the drop checker thin or co2 indicator show that i got the right amount of co2 and plants have been taking off

mine has been good n constant for a week sofar, i used it in a 3 liter bottle i did 2 cups of sugar in a botthe with 3/4 of yeast and 3/4 of baking soda and sofar i been getting really good resulkts on my 75 gal, the drop checker thin or co2 indicator show that i got the right amount of co2 and plants have been taking off
Hey thanks :) I went a head and made my co2 reactor the other night I've got two 2 liter bottles hooked to a bubble counter, and diffuser stuck to my powerhead. Should I use less mixture then if you are using a 3 liter?

yeah i have mine wit an air stone right infront of the powerhead i try to put it so the propeller put it wasnt going to good so i put it like i had it and it works alot better my power head its a koriola

yeah i have mine wit an air stone right infront of the powerhead i try to put it so the propeller put it wasnt going to good so i put it like i had it and it works alot better my power head its a koriola
I have an airstone on mine but have a python tube over it with a sponge hooke up to a mini elite. Do you know how long your recipe last for? Before you change it out?

well it last 2-3 weeks depending on how much yeast and baking soda you added to it but ill would change mine every 2 weeks to ensure that i keeps working good, also use bread yeast or active yeast, i use fleischmann's active dry yeast, also the same amount of baking soda as of yeast and to add the yeast you have to prepare it in a 1/4 cup of water and u *** the baking soda to the yeast then add it to the bottle, and make sure the water in the bottle with the suggar its either luke warm or room temperature, too hot will kill the yeast and too cold will take forever to work. and after you add it it might take anywhere from 1-24 hours to start to bubble in the tank mine i made it at like 4 pm and i didnt notice any bubbles till the morning, also remember to shake the bottle once in a while maybe every other day, also get a drop checker also known as co2 indicator

well it last 2-3 weeks depending on how much yeast and baking soda you added to it but ill would change mine every 2 weeks to ensure that i keeps working good, also use bread yeast or active yeast, i use fleischmann's active dry yeast, also the same amount of baking soda as of yeast and to add the yeast you have to prepare it in a 1/4 cup of water and u *** the baking soda to the yeast then add it to the bottle, and make sure the water in the bottle with the suggar its either luke warm or room temperature, too hot will kill the yeast and too cold will take forever to work. and after you add it it might take anywhere from 1-24 hours to start to bubble in the tank mine i made it at like 4 pm and i didnt notice any bubbles till the morning, also remember to shake the bottle once in a while maybe every other day, also get a drop checker also known as co2 indicator
Thanks a lot! I'll give that a try.

Well I just got my first DIY system up and running an hour ago. Im still cycling my tank, so I want to pump in huge levels of CO2 while I can (to help my plants get a good headnstart). I used a two liter bottle for the mix, and a vitamin water bottle for the secondary water chamber. First i put a little bit warm of water in a bowl, put in a pinch of sugar and added 1.5 tbsp of yeast to it. I stirred it vigorously until I could see and hear the yeast doing it's job. I filled the 2 liter about 70% of the way with warm water and added 2.5 cups of sugar into it. I then swirled it around until the sugar dissolved. Once dissolved, I added thenoriginal yeast mix and swirled that around a bit as well. Once capped there was bubbles POURING out of my diffuser. I'm seeing 50+ bubbles a minute in the secondary water chamber.

I don't have fish in the tank yet, I'm doing a fishless cycle. I just snapped a few pics with my phone.

20110930015902243.jpg

imageaqg.jpg

Chino1130 said:
I don't have fish in the tank yet, I'm doing a fishless cycle. I just snapped a few pics with my phone.

Awesome where did you purchase your diffuser. I been wanting something for DIY co2.

Back
Top Bottom