Yellowing of anubias

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had a BBA outbreak a long time ago yes. My echinodorus and anubias had black spots everywhere. Very unsightly... It has stopped growing and went away. Just a couple of spots left on the echinodorus.
What I'm dosing now and the tank parameters:
29g, low light (2x 18W Grolux T8), no co2.
EI method with two dosing bottles of 500ml solution:
Macro: 15g KNO3, 6g KH2PO4, 37g MgSO4. Micro: 4g CSM+B. Dosing 60ml of the macro solution every friday, sunday and tuesday. 60ml micro on saturday, monday, wednessday.
Liquid co2 (easycarbo); 6-7ml a day, switching over to metricide14 soon.
Thanks for all the help so far guys. Do you want more pics of the tank?

Sent per three-eyed raven..

Lights are on from 14:00 to 22:00 btw.

Some more pics:
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427637221.457618.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427637243.254056.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427637265.809641.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427637284.707178.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427637311.660158.jpg
I know it looks like a *** wilderness in there! Will trim next week and rescape.

What link? I used this website to calculate: https://www.thenutrientcompany.com/aquarium/calculators/ei_calculator/

I like this one because the formula is exactly the same for my 5g and 29g. Only difference is the amount of ml's I have to dose: 10ml in 5g and 60ml in 29g (30g). So the same amount times 6.
Also what do you mean with heaps? I don't really understand that calculator of wet's.

I never understood wet's calculator, but after visiting some forums I figured out it's pretty easy!
I got the following results: for KNO3 I got 11g, for KH2PO4 I got ~2g and for MgSO4 47g. (Dosing 60ml in a 30g).
The numbers don't seem that off to me: 15g - 4.8g - 37g is what I'm dosing now for macro.

According to this app I should dose more micro as well. It tells me to dose 7.5g, while I'm only dosing 4g of CSM+B now.

What do you guys think? Should I adjust? (This wet's calc has been showing up all over the place so it must be good/better). Thx :D

You would think that if someone came up with a method such as EI then there would be one way to dose based on tank volume. Why is there so many different weighs of calculating and dosing? I immediately began to lose faith in EI when I received for different calculators in a thread and different instructions that came with the ferts themselves.

Also do any of these methods take in to consideration growth rates and requirements as the plants get larger? Do the requirements stay the same?

Anyway. Those issues look fairly similar to mine but my dosing is half hearted at the moment with both ferts and co2. I don't add any phosphate at all so perhaps this could also be another finger pointed towards lack of phosphate.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well yellowing of leaves can have all kinds of causes, but I think my PO4 and NO3 are most probable. Just can't see how this can happen with EI...
I know my lights are really, really bad. But I'm stuck with this Juwel lid and T8's. Only gives me like 36W above a 29g aquarium, this is superbad. But then again, I only have low light plants..
Why is this soooo confusing!

I wonder if co2 injection would actually help. The glut dosing seems fine but I've noticed a big improvement since swapping from glut to co2 injection.

Upgrading the lights I don't think is needed as the plants will need more of whatever element they are short of.

I'm dry dosing potassium slightly above EI levels on a not hugely planted tank and just getting rid of pin prick leaf problems now.

Back
Top Bottom