Yes, it can be done.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jchillin

Aquarium Advice Addict
Back in August, I got two small clippings of L. repens from Madasafish. Despite all the warnings about being successful in a low-light tank, I shrugged my shoulders and decided to give it a try and see what happens. I should have taken pics when first planted (about 3" high) :D

This was the plant late last month:

november2005001.jpg

This is the plant now (sharing space with a recent addition from Joe):

lrepens2001.jpg

I'm truly amazed at the results and if I had known this would have happened, I would have taken more and planted a full group.

Keep in mind...1.1wpg. Nothing added other than the occassional root tab.

:D That's great JC. Pruning and replanting will give you lots more. I received the same plant from madasafish too. With high light and CO2, it's one of the fasting growing plants I've kept.

Good job.

heh, heh...yes, you did get some didn't you. LOL. If you recall, it was a "last minute" decision on my part to "deprive" you of the entire lot. :wink:

The two stems are 18" and 14" respectively. There is a third one (not visible) that I had already pruned from the 14" one. Pruning the big one this weekend and redistributing to the rear of the tank.

Joe - the clippings you sent me are truly striving as well (as evidenced in the pic). I also found two MTS's climbing on the glass recently. :D

Looking great there. Lol wish I could get my tanks that organized...mine usually end up looking like a jungle, and Im trimming almost every other day...well they used to until I moved and lost most of my plants. so im starting over, and right now it all looks a little bare.

LOL...you haven't taken a look a the full tank pic in my clicky. :D I also have a jungle, but it is mostly in the rear and sides where I have my nurseries for a variety of other plants.

Back
Top Bottom