Ziggy's 40b Planted Journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea lol gonna have them in my low tech eheim planted tank no ferts or co2

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Ziggy!

Tank looks awesome! Love the new look. :) Silly newbie question: how do you keep the sand/dirted areas from blending? I understand there's a divider to start, but isn't there crossover with the inhabitants?

Ziggy!

Tank looks awesome! Love the new look. :) Silly newbie question: how do you keep the sand/dirted areas from blending? I understand there's a divider to start, but isn't there crossover with the inhabitants?

I have little plastic dividers between the sand and substrate. Yes sometimes the fish get a little excited and flop one onto the other. I just siphon out the particles during water changes and all is pretty again.

Pic updates:

vfyTMlC.jpg

qb244dI.jpg

fJkpGHv.jpg

tgGqyRf.jpg

E48uljL.jpg

amt6YoM.jpg

pHDABLV.jpg

Pic updates:

Truly stunning an inspirational. I just mentioned you quite literally a few minutes ago. I have scape and fish envy. Would you believe that since seeing the gold neons for the first time ever, courtesy of your blog, to this day I haven't been able to find them in London or the UK? I showed a google image to my lfs owner and he started lamenting on how he had kept them a few years back. He also confirmed my fears about different lfs' using different names. He called them "blue eyed neons."

But I digress. Amazing work Ziggy. If it wasn't clear already you have a fan.

Well the new canister was installed over the weekend. It moves a lot more water than the previous one. I hope this works out. I'm pushing more water through my CO2 reactor and I'm seeing some bubbles come out of the return. Seems to be good cause the plants are pearling like crazy.

Well the new canister was installed over the weekend. It moves a lot more water than the previous one. I hope this works out. I'm pushing more water through my CO2 reactor and I'm seeing some bubbles come out of the return. Seems to be good cause the plants are pearling like crazy.

Assuming there was no change in bubble count, are the bubbles seen coming out of the reactor a sign that too much flow is going through it? Or is it the case where gas absorption is maxed out and excess CO2 cannot be dissolved (stays in gas form)? Sounds like you are getting positive results nonetheless.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Assuming there was no change in bubble count, are the bubbles seen coming out of the reactor a sign that too much flow is going through it? Or is it the case where gas absorption is maxed out and excess CO2 cannot be dissolved (stays in gas form)? Sounds like you are getting positive results nonetheless.

I think it is a result of the increased flow. I might have to build a new Reactor that is longer. I'll monitor it over the coming weeks and see how things go.

No way, really?? That's cool!!! What are you coming to Raleigh for?

Sent from my IPhone

55 gallon, 30 gallon, 38 gallon

I'm coming down to visit some friends that moved there from Baltimore. I can't wait we are going to have a blast!

Truly stunning an inspirational. I just mentioned you quite literally a few minutes ago. I have scape and fish envy. Would you believe that since seeing the gold neons for the first time ever, courtesy of your blog, to this day I haven't been able to find them in London or the UK? I showed a google image to my lfs owner and he started lamenting on how he had kept them a few years back. He also confirmed my fears about different lfs' using different names. He called them "blue eyed neons."

But I digress. Amazing work Ziggy. If it wasn't clear already you have a fan.

Had the gold neons in Windsor Maidenhead Aquatics

Back
Top Bottom