Ziggy's ADA 60F Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ziggy953

Aquarium Advice Addict
Yes you read that right. I have a brand new 60f to build.

I have been holding off starting this thread for some time now not wanting to have two new tank threads going at the same time but I couldn't hold out any longer.

I've been secretly acquiring things for the new tank:

ADA 60-F (24x12x7)
Archaea Ultra-Gro LED(60cm)
55lbs of Seiryu Stone
40lbs of Brightwell Aquatics Florin Volcanit Rio Escruo-XF
ADA Power Sand S (4L)
ADA Substrate additives (PenacP, PenacW, Bacter100, Clear Super)
Do!Aqua Glass inflow and return pipes
Eheim 2211 classic filter
Hydor 200w inline heater
5lb CO2 tank
CO2 regulator
I will build another co2 reactor for this tank.

That is what I have 'paid' for so far. Not all of this has arrived yet.

I am debating on building a stand or buying something that will work. My intention is to start this tank using the DSM (dry start method). I want a lush carpet but haven't decided on what I want.

This tank is going to be in my bedroom. I have space for it and want it to work with my existing furniture which means I will probably have to build the stand myself.

I have not decided on plants as yet but this will be a traditional iwagumi layout. Stone only. I have way more than I will need but that just gives me options.

Obviously there will be a lot of pics and updates coming. I want to document the daily progress during the DSM. See how things go. I do not expect this tank to be started until after the first of the year. This is going to be my winter project.

That's all for now.

Following and vote for building your own stand.
Would not do a nice display tank any other way myself!

Following and vote for building your own stand.
Would not do a nice display tank any other way myself!

Thanks! I've never paid for a stand and I've been in this hobby for a good long while.

I build the stand my 40 is on and I will likely build one for this tank as well. I won't be able to get what I want otherwise.

Just got the 40b dialed in and on to another high tech?! Some people........

Following along! Sounds like this is going to be awesome!

Just got the 40b dialed in and on to another high tech?! Some people........

Following along! Sounds like this is going to be awesome!

LOL! If truth be told I was planning this tank before the 40b. I have wanted to do a small ADA tank for a long time. This particular tank give me the option of playing with some emersed growth as well as having a high tech nano. I've already sourced some terrestrial moss for the rock I intend on having above the water line in this tank.

It is going to be a sweet little tank!

I don't want any of you to get too excited. This is going to be a long and slow process.

Follow along by all means but do not expect to see exciting things really fast. I'm going to do this slowly and methodically. I want this tank to be as near to perfect as possible!

Hold onto your butts...

Definitely build the stand. You can stain it to match the rest of the furniture in the room and add custom features.
That is a great list of products for this build.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I vote for spiral trim! It looks lovely~

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Geez man tank after tank! You've just left me behind with all these planted tanks :(. I'm following just for pretty plant pictures lol

Definitely build the stand. You can stain it to match the rest of the furniture in the room and add custom features.
That is a great list of products for this build.

I agree. Building a custom stand gives me a lot more options. I built the stand that my 40 is on and I'm glad I did. This one will have to match the furniture in my bedroom. Shouldn't be too difficult.

Geez man tank after tank! You've just left me behind with all these planted tanks :(. I'm following just for pretty plant pictures lol

Come on now....you know I would never leave you behind. I still have a salty heart!

Exciting update for this build -

Tracking information on both purchases of Seiryu Stone were provided. Rock is in transit along with my heater and substrate. I'm still patiently waiting for confirmation of shipment of the tank.

The first order of Seiryu should be here today, the second should arrive on Friday. I decided to buy from two sources to get a nice variety of stones. I will certainly not be using all 55lbs in this tank but I wanted to have as many options as possible while building the hardscape.

Sweetness! Can't wait here zig

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I don't want any of you to get too excited. This is going to be a long and slow process.

Follow along by all means but do not expect to see exciting things really fast. I'm going to do this slowly and methodically. I want this tank to be as near to perfect as possible!

Hold onto your butts...

Sounds like my current breeding project lol

Looking forward to seeing this progress! With all the planted builds in this part of the forum I'm really tempted to start my own.. Now if I could make some profit I could (working on that)..

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have tracking info for several items on my list. Still waiting for the tank, light and power sand to ship.

Rock should all be here before the weekend. I'll post pics when it comes in. I have to design a stand, might work on that tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom