Ziggy's Corner Planter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The pic's not the greatest but the Macrandra is on both the left and right of the corkscrew val. That pic was taken on 12/18 and now both sides of the Macrandra and the Val are about an inch from the water surface. My rolls are maybe 4 stems deep and I space each stem so the leaves of all the stems almost but not quite touch each other. That way when I trim them and they split and bush out they have more room to spread. Also they color up much better if you run a low nitrate tank. My trates are kept at 10ppm.

Thanks but it's looking better all the time since I rescaped it. I love the rotala macrandra and the other good one is Limnophila aromatica 'hippuroides' because once it's established it grows such thick individual stems it can hide anything. Same with Ambulia but this one can try to over take a tank.

I always have cuttings I just composted a bunch this morning. It's awefully cold but if you think they would make the ship let me know and PM me. All I need is shipping money. And about 3 -4 weeks to let them grow again! Had we had this converstion yesterday I would have kept the stems I cut... grrr!

I always have cuttings I just composted a bunch this morning. It's awefully cold but if you think they would make the ship let me know and PM me. All I need is shipping money. And about 3 -4 weeks to let them grow again! Had we had this converstion yesterday I would have kept the stems I cut... grrr!

No worries! I toss my cuttings as well.

The tank looks much better today....

001nyic.jpg

002sme.jpg

003ma.jpg

004qj.jpg

005bw.jpg

006ibs.jpg

I think once your lighting isn't so blue it's going to make even the blue background look different. Then you can see what your going to need to do to finish it up.

Agreed! The controller for the new LEDs is back ordered until the end of Jan so it will be Feb before I get the lighting changed over.

I'm pleased with how the wood looks in the tank though and I do want to add the vals that we talked about. Maybe the LFS will have some this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom