Zimmanski's 120 build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks awesome! are you running an inline diffuser? Just today I retro-fiitted vinyl hose to my fluvial in exchange for the ribber hose. Is that Star reapens in the foreground?

Thanks! Yes it's an inline atomizer on a fluval 306, I have a fx6 in the tank as well. And yes again to staurogyne repens

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Looks great. Do you know why you are getting BBA? Is it too much light? Lack of CO2? I'm curious to know why...

I think it was some that came from the smaller tank and then it spread in this tank while it was new, I don't think its too intense lighting because it would be higher up in the tank not just at the very bottom and co2 is pumped in and drop checker is in the green. It's receding now so I think I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and see what happens

I am always afraid of hitch hiking algae. In order to prevent future algae contamination, do you now have an algae disinfecting protocol for new plants? Maybe a dip in Algaefix or peroxide mix?

Your tank looks stunning! Beautiful angel's and your plant's look so healthy. Wish mine looked like that!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thank you. I may end up doing a background, but I'm thinking when I get the plants where I want them it won't be needed. If I do a background it will be a very dark hunter green like I had on my 75 gallon, I liked it a lot

What did you use for painting the green background on your 75 gallon? I typically use plastidip spray paint which is an easily removable rubberized paint, but it only comes in black, white, blue, yellow, and red. Requires about 1 spray can per 5 square feet of surface area.

I just used a latex based paint and rolled it on, takes about 4 light coats but it can be peeled off too just like plastidip

I just used a latex based paint and rolled it on, takes about 4 light coats but it can be peeled off too just like plastidip

That's good to know. Not a fan of spraying paint in such tight quarters. I could probably do this with blue tape and hotdog rollers. But I would give up my taped on black garbage bag background to do this :(

I didn't know latex paints can be peeled. Plastidip also requires 4 coats. The spray is hard to use indoors. Did that for my 125 gallon in the living room. The smell of the fumes is not so bad with window fans but the particles from the spray can go airborne and spread 30 feet away to my kitchen. I'm sure that I inhaled a lot of it in my lungs. In the past I would spray paint aquariums in the car garage. Outdoors it's too windy and fresh paint attracts insects that get glued to the paint.

Yep, I live in an apartment so spray paints are out, also because I don't like fumes around a stocked tank. The latex based paints work really well, but you have to be patient. The first coat not much will stick to the glass, but once the first coat is about 3/4 dry but still tacky you add the second coat, then just repeat

Well guys, I guess I must be doin something right, today my angels spawned! I have a very yellow golden male and a beautiful blue female that seem to be very happy tank mates, I'm happy to see this, nothing has spawned since they were in the 75g. It's not a breeding tank and with the other species I don't expect anything but it's still pretty coolImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1411334351.518336.jpg

Back
Top Bottom