ZxC's 30 Long high tech journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No, not foreign territory, just Oklahoma. Aqua gardening is just too technical for me. I think I will stay with Rocks & Driftwood. Although I did have years of success with Anubias, Java Fern & Moss as well as Hornwort. Hardly a challenge for true aqua gardeners.

I figured I should do an update. Here are the current specs:

bREVwS7.jpg

Filter is a Rena XP3. Single intake split dual outputs.
CO2 is a pressurized system, 4-5 bubbles per second into a rex griggs 2" x 24" inline reactor.
Hydor 200w inline heater.

Dosing 75% macro nutrients after weekly 60% water change, remaining 25% macro nutrients on 4th day of the weekly cycle. Micros are being dosed daily via Flourish Comprehensive and Flourish Iron.

Also dosing 3.5ml Metricide 14. Everything is dosed through an auto doser 15 minutes before the lights come on.

Stocking:

6 x Melanotaenia praecox -- Dwarf Neon rainbowfish
6 x Iriatherina werneri -- Threadfin rainbowfish
6 x Pseudomugil paskai -- Paska's blue-eye rainbowfish
10 x Celestichthys margaritatus -- Celestial pearl danio
7 x Boraras brigittae -- Chili rasbora
3 x otocinclus
1 x Powder blue dwarf gouramis
6 x Amano shrimp
50-100 Neocaridina 'orange pumpkin'

FTS

r9bO1IY.jpg

Orange Neocaridina

E9r0wJn.jpg

Lighting arrangement

isNoqg6.jpg

Cabomba 'red'

PQGvWo7.jpg

AR 'mini'

ICvgob8.jpg

Great tank Z. I've not seen any better.(y)

Thanks V,

I still have a long ways to go with the tank. I'll never be "happy" with it, and I'm always interested in trying new things....

But it's slowly getting to where I want it. Trouble is balancing work, life, fish tanks and other hobbies ;) I'm sure we can all relate....

Not being content or satisfied with a tank is where the therapeutic aspects lay. The constant planning of refinments, which either add or diminish, keep the mind occupied.
What's really good is when we reach the point of greatness, we get to show off the end result to family, friends and forums. Lol.

Not being content or satisfied with a tank is where the therapeutic aspects lay. The constant planning of refinments, which either add or diminish, keep the mind occupied.
What's really good is when we reach the point of greatness, we get to show off the end result to family, friends and forums. Lol.

My absolute favourite thing is when friends / family go "Are you serious? All these plants are real and living?!?!" and they sit there and stare at them for a minute or two.

The I show them the timers / auto dosing equipment / filter / lights / CO2 setup and I completely lose them / confuse them lol Then I tell them how much it all cost me and they laugh and call me crazy.... :nono:

Wow ! You got it going on in that tank !
Very nice ..Beautiful .

Thanks bandit, the tank has had its ups and downs. High tech planted tank can go from great to horrible in a hurry with even the slightest change.

I'm finally getting all the parameters consistent enough where I'm not causing large changes each week. The plants and fish are certainly enjoying a more consistent approach.

I guess I should update this tank.

Things are going very well. I'm currently rolling my own fertilizers. Plants are fairly healthy. The tank is do for a good clean up. Rip out older plants, trim and replant.

I ran into some sick fish I purchased, wiped out half of my dwarf rainbows. I hope I made it through that mess.

Did some measuring, the tank is actually only 25 gallons, oops :angel:

Here is a full summary of the tank in it's current state:

whlm4Uu.jpg

Full tank:

1bZQ5UX.jpg

Vy3qXG2.jpg

3GfFnxB.jpg

9Y185ei.jpg

9Zpk6SF.jpg

uLsjgOu.jpg

1lmO6YS.jpg

WCLnqxy.jpg

Very pretty tank, awsome plants. You got skills Z.

Thanks,

I've got some housekeeping to do on this tank. I switched up my micro nutrient dosing and stunted a bunch of plants. They never really recovered so I need to go through the tank and "weed" put the plant species that aren't going to make a comeback.

Figured I should do a small update with a couple of pictures.

Tank is doing well, I'm currently increasing my macro dosing and leaning out my micro dosing. pH from CO2 is in the 1.0 - 1.1 peak drop.

lCeS2U9.jpg

yAe2XJV.jpg

n0pgKT3.jpg

UFCtCTj.jpg

a3J3Ulj.jpg

ee1fTT8.jpg

ITbArDA.jpg

A few pictures as of lately, tank is still going strong. The excel file a snapshot of all the tank parameters:

rrxiiXs.jpg

RF1padk.jpg

EE7qTaD.jpg

gtambYV.jpg

3DSfEXq.jpg

9Od3JGe.jpg

Back
Top Bottom