Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Buy | Sell | Trade > Classifieds
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-19-2017, 02:36 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Apple snails free to good home local pick up only.

I have been the unfortunately lucky parent of approximately 150 baby apple snails. The breeding pair will soon be separated into different tanks. The make adult is a white pearl shell, the female adult is a common purple stripe. While most of the babies are still just grey and have not really started showing what colors they will grow to be, I have found only 2 possible white pearls out of two clutches that have hatched. They are no more than one month oldest ones, youngest ones about two weeks old at the time I post this ad. I am simply hoping to find some fellow apple snail lovers here in and around Columbia,TN that can and will provide at least a few of these babies a great home with a long life. These snails get rather large, the parents are about golf ball size currently and still growing. The babies are ranging in size from pencil eraser to the smallest about seed bead size. Please send me a message if interested, as once this ad expires they will most likely be sold to my local pet store. I know the owner and they are great people so I know they will get great care there. But try feeding 150+ baby snails... its not easy. So please hurry and get your choice of snails. I may actually keep one of the white pearls, depends on how many I can get homes for. We shall see. I am willing to meet you half way if you live far away, or within a two or three hour drive. I cannot ship them as I would have to get permits and some states don't allow these to be shipped in. So these guys are up for free! Thank you for reading, hope to hear from anyone wanting free baby apple snails!Click image for larger version

Name:	20170118_235655.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	156.6 KB
ID:	293502Click image for larger version

Name:	20170118_003040.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	224.2 KB
ID:	293503

Old 01-19-2017, 03:14 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

The proud parents. The male eats an algae tablet, as the female takes a much needed rest.Click image for larger version

Name:	20170119_011219.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	203.2 KB
ID:	293504Click image for larger version

Name:	20170119_011236.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	218.2 KB
ID:	293505

Old 01-23-2017, 02:08 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

Baby snail count Is now over 200 and still finding new egg clutches every two weeks. Working hard to get my 30g tank up and running so I can provide more room for them until they are big enough for the fish store. But anyone at anytime who would like a baby apple snail please let me know... it's hard to keep their tank cleaned and then all fed.
Old 01-31-2017, 12:02 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyrollin View Post
Baby snail count Is now over 200 and still finding new egg clutches every two weeks. Working hard to get my 30g tank up and running so I can provide more room for them until they are big enough for the fish store. But anyone at anytime who would like a baby apple snail please let me know... it's hard to keep their tank cleaned and then all fed.
Have you had any trouble with them eating the plants?
Old 01-31-2017, 12:07 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by labn View Post
Have you had any trouble with them eating the plants?
Not at all... at least so far... I ended up moving the big mail snail away from the adult female so they'd stop breeding and even he doesn't eat the plants. They will however eat any dead leaves that they find. So I rarely have to groom the plants... which is a good thing imo. But I only have wisteria and java lace and I think a dwarf anubias in the tank they are in. Those from what I understand are just not all that appetizing to snails. The adults at one time liked the wisteria, but only while the plant was young. Now that it's grown in pretty good it doesn't get munched on very much.
Old 01-31-2017, 12:12 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Activist

Wait... I also have a dwarf Amazon sword in that tank too. But it's untouched, they don't even crawl on it. But any leaves that are shed will be devoured swiftly.
Old 01-31-2017, 12:15 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Activist

I'll post a picture of the tank so you can see the plants and the snails...
Old 01-31-2017, 12:30 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Activist

And feeding time is just nuts...
Old 01-31-2017, 12:34 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Activist

Some of the babies from the first clutch are reaching about large pearl size, and their colors are starting to develop. Some are stripes, some are marbled, some are a nice purple... it's wierd... But cool.
Old 01-31-2017, 12:41 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
And feeding time is just nuts...
You have a really nice setup I would like to get some snails from you but I'm a bit worried about the plants, I have various Amazon swords (no problem there), pygmy chain sword, micro sword, anacharis, bacopa autralis (a little worried there), golden nesaea (same here) and a Madagascar lace plant which I wouldn't want anything to happen to it, and would want to give the snails back or give them to a pet store, one other thing what do you feed them?
Quote:
Some of the babies from the first clutch are reaching about large pearl size, and their colors are starting to develop. Some are stripes, some are marbled, some are a nice purple... it's wierd... But cool.

Tags
app, apple, apple snail, apple snails, free, ick, pic, snail, snails

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com