For Sale or trade: Bulk moss for cheap! Plus other misc plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

azmodan

Aquarium Advice Addict
What up AA! I have looooooots of moss for sale. I'm not 100% sure on the ID but I suspect it is peacock moss. Because I'm not positive on the ID I'm letting it go for cheap!

Moss:
1-4 golfballs - $4 each
5+ golfballs - $3 each
10+ golfballs PM me and I'll give you a bigger discount! (Have around 40 golfballs total)

Misc Plants:
Micrantherum umbrosum "Monte Carlo" (grown submersed, easy carpet plant, can be grown in lowtech) - 1.5 x 1.5 portion $6
Utricularia graminifolia "UG" (grown emersed but converts easily) - 1 x 1 portion $5
Alternanthera reineckii "mini" (grown emersed but converts easily, 3 inch clipping) - $1.5
Ammania sp. "Bonsai" (grown emersed but converts easily, 3 inch clipping) - $1.5

Shipping is $6 flat unless you want insulation then it is $9, although that will not include a heat pack so mind your weather!

Always interested in trades for bucephalandras.

All of the plants including moss noted as submersed grown are from a medium light tank with co2 injection and dry ferts. My tanks do have some minor algae (most just a little GSA), scuds, shrimp, snails and duckweed so do a precautionary dip if you don't want hitchhikers, although I'll do my best to clean them too. All plants will be sent USPS Priority Mail 1-2 days after payment is received. I am not responsible for any delays or mishaps made by the USPS although I have not had that problem yet. PayPal and US only please.

PM me if you need any pics or if you're interested! :)

Sent from my iPad using science

Grows the same, just slower. The biggest difference I'd say is that it can take a while to get established, but once rooted it creeps along the substrate at a nice rate. It still needs a decent amount of light, ferts, and glut, but pressurized co2 is definitely not required (unlike the similar looking HC).

Grows the same, just slower. The biggest difference I'd say is that it can take a while to get established, but once rooted it creeps along the substrate at a nice rate. It still needs a decent amount of light, ferts, and glut, but pressurized co2 is definitely not required (unlike the similar looking HC).

I am looking at it for my 6.6G Edge the center - get a fair amount of light in the center, but maybe some root tabs would be beneficial?

For Monte Carlo in lowtech situations a nutrient rich substrate (with root tabs) I'm sure will be important. I've grown it in mature Eco complete and ADA aquasoil without co2, although these tanks did have medium light with pps pro ferts and high dosages of glut. For it to succeed in a lowtech environment I'd definitely recommend a good amount of light, glut, and solid fert regiment.

Can you post a picture of the moss?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Monte Carlo (pardon the GSA on the glass):

Moss (as already mentioned pretty sure it is either peacock or spiky moss):

It's spikey moss. It's not as full and thick as peacock, but it is definitely the nicer of the two.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's spikey moss. It's not as full and thick as peacock, but it is definitely the nicer of the two.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks!

UPDATE!

Everything is sold! I will have more AR mini, a. bonsai, UG, and likely some staurogyne repens and downoi in a few weeks so PM if you need in on those.

Back
Top Bottom