Fish Wranglers RAOK #2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish wrangler

Aquarium Advice Addict
If you have been following my 29 gal build you know I a boat load of pogostemon stellatus octopus every week. I will be holding a RAOK contest for 2 weeks to see who get some octo

This is going to be a picture based RAOK.
Rules
1. You have to have at least 50 posts at the time of posting to qualify
2. You have to post a picture of your tank the octo will go in
3. You have to live in the US (sorry international members)
4. You have to provide some type of background on your tank. This can include lighting, co2, ferts, inspiration, etc
4. I will pick 2-3 winners based the picture you post. Ties will be broken based on the tank background.

Each winner can expect ~12 stems(They may or may not have roots, but should root very quickly when planted.)

This contest ends in 2 weeks on December 31st and winners will be notified on the first day of the new year.

Winners will be pmed, then announced on here, and plants will be shipped after January 4th.

I will be charging an $8 fee for shipping+heat pack. You get the plants and insulation for free. If you want a second heat pack it will be $10.

Shipping via USPS 2 day priority.

Good luck everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
I got some octo from FW last week.
Plants were VERY healthy and packed extremely well.
I got stems over 12 inches long!!
Great job shipping!

I would love to have some onto in my high tech nano!

Background:

Aquatek Co2 running 2-3 BPS on a Mini Regulator, 2 lb. Co2 Tank
Finnex Stingray Cliplight (Running 8 hours a day)
No algae
Dose API Co2 Booster and have the substrate pumped with root tabs
2 Dwarf puffers
Lots of RCS

So that's my tank, hope I qualify! Good luck to everyone else!
img_3320182_0_b84c6602a586292318ab18d50af070b6.jpg

Really only one person wants some plants.
5 hours left before the contest is closed!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Aww crap wanna enter but I'll be on a flight so can't just heard about this..I will join if If. Get a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Unstopabull-if no one else enters and you can't enter pm me and we can work something out. If we do maybe USPS will deliver sooner than 4 days lol

I would enter but we've blown all our aquarium budget for a while up here! (Otherwise I would have bought some of your plants ages ago!)

Good luck to Nils and Unstopabullfish!

I would enter but we've blown all our aquarium budget for a while up here! (Otherwise I would have bought some of your plants ages ago!)

Good luck to Nils and Unstopabullfish!

If you save some of those multis I'm sure we could work something out ;)

Nils is the only person entered in the contest as if right now.

If you save some of those multis I'm sure we could work something out ;)

Nils is the only person entered in the contest as if right now.

They have a new spawn! If I could just get them out of the tank I'd rear them myself :facepalm:

How did I miss this? Center to right is going to get filled in. Didn't even finish the planned scape and rescaping! I think the pogo octo will look great across the back. Pretty sure the loaches and shrimp will be thrilled.

The current plants love the co2 and PPS-Pro. I think it'll be interesting to find out what dosing levels I need to cut back to in order to coax red out of the octo.

How did I miss this? Center to right is going to get filled in. Didn't even finish the planned scape and rescaping! I think the pogo octo will look great across the back. Pretty sure the loaches and shrimp will be thrilled.

The current plants love the co2 and PPS-Pro. I think it'll be interesting to find out what dosing levels I need to cut back to in order to coax red out of the octo.

No picture no entry ;)

This stuff is high tech right? I have a sucky little ten gallon that will be converted to high tech..got everything needed..but It will be set up in a month... Finnex 24/, pressurized co2, Ei ferts, the whole 9 yards..ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1451622557.209196.jpg
The tanks is so ugly as of now I don't even take FTS's, (Don't want the world to see my nooby looking decor tank)

This stuff is high tech right? I have a sucky little ten gallon that will be converted to high tech..got everything needed..but It will be set up in a month... Finnex 24/, pressurized co2, Ei ferts, the whole 9 yards..View attachment 282790
The tanks is so ugly as of now I don't even take FTS's, (Don't want the world to see my nooby looking decor tank)

You could call it high tech, but I think it grows like a weed. I'm tempted to try it outb in my 20L low tech.

Seeming how there where only 2 entries I think we know who the winners where...congratulations Nils and Unstopabullfish for winning my second RAOK. I will pm you tomorrow with paypal info, etc

Happy new year! Grats you guys!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom