For Sale: lots of plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goatnad

Aquarium Advice FINatic
here are a few species of plants i have ready for a trimming. I DO KEEP SNAILS! algae is also always possible. i do thoroughly inspect and clean the plants before i ship. Please mind your weather. No replacements or refunds if your temps are below 50 degrees.
I am selling everything listed for $50 shipped or half of whats listed for $25 shipped.

staurogyne repens:
i have a ton of these. somewhere around 40 stems. they will be around 2-3 inches long.

PhAHAXR.jpg

nZgOdv8.jpg

utricularia graminifolia:
672XXz9.jpg

java fern:
QyNZXkH.jpg

ludwigia 'pantanal':

psCWCHg.jpg

alternanthera reineckii "regular":
7 roots plants

lESURaQ.jpg

ludwigia mini super red:
10-15 stems 2-4 inches long
CjU0c2z.jpg

thai moss:
ping pong ball size portion
8tJ8siQ.jpg

peacock moss:
golfball or larger portion
e5O2EyH.jpg

dwarf sagittaria:
20 nodes available
oLdJfgF.jpg

ammania bonsai:
30 stems 2-3 inches tall
udCkLbK.jpg

duckweed and snails:
will be thrown in for free if you want any of them. just make sure to ask.

7BJ5cFy.jpg

Update. plants are now a roak offer. tell me what you want and pay shipping and its yours. this will be my last listing for plants until things warm up again. shipping will be $7.20 or $13.65 depending on how much you want.

Hi, Goatnad,

I think I just accidentally posted on your profile instead of here--I'm sorry about that. I was wondering if these plants are still available and especially if you still have the s. repens available.

Do you have any thoughts about whether it's possible for a beginner to get a real, green (not yellowish) carpet using s. repens or any other carpeting plant, in a non-CO2 setup?

I'd be interested in your deal on your plants if you are still shipping at this time of year. It's gotten a lot warmer here where I am.

Thanks in advance,

fearlessfisch

Hi, Goatnad,

I think I just accidentally posted on your profile instead of here--I'm sorry about that. I was wondering if these plants are still available and especially if you still have the s. repens available.

Do you have any thoughts about whether it's possible for a beginner to get a real, green (not yellowish) carpet using s. repens or any other carpeting plant, in a non-CO2 setup?

I'd be interested in your deal on your plants if you are still shipping at this time of year. It's gotten a lot warmer here where I am.

Thanks in advance,

fearlessfisch

Hey there. I don't have any plants available right now. I'm waiting for it to warm up a bit more before I start shipping again.I have gotten several full carpets going without co2. Dwarf sag will do really well. I also did a carpet of utricularia graminifolia that did really really well. I did start it out with co2 but have ran the tank without co2 for the last several months and the uc is still nice and healthy. It will be a slower grower without co2. I have Monte Carlo in my paludarium without co2 and its a healthy green color. Its growing very very slow though. I've done a carpet of ammania bonsai without co2. Really slower grower once again but plants are healthy. I havent tried it but I would think you could do a nice easy carpet with something like chain sword or any of the micro variants. With all of these I would try to plant 70% of your carpet and slowly let the other 30% grow in. With everything said I don't do low light tanks so I can't truly say how things will work out for you. All of the pictures above are from medium to high light tanks.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for your detailed reply. It's probably best that you aren't shipping right now. I should probably research all these to see what I like. Do you have any experience with pearlweed? Someone told me it was easy to grow, but someone else said no and also that it can be pale in a low tech tank--but the carpets I've seen were absolutely lovely. I do prefer a carpet that is very green over yellow, though, so I like what you say about the Monte Carlo. I like the small leaves of the Monte Carlo, too, for keeping a natural scene to scale.

I hope to check back with you when it is warmer. I am thinking about trying a few possible carpet plants in different areas of the tank and seeing what grows the best--then expanding that one. I have an organic soil and sand substrate and a VivaGrow lamp but haven't planted anything yet. I've been told that when I do plant, I will need to dose liquid fertilizer and make sure the lights aren't on for too long during the day because they will invite algae. I really appreciate your taking the time to share your experience and offer advice. Your plants are so lovely.

Thanks again.

I just did some searching online. Wow, the Utricularia Graminifolia is absolutely beautiful! If that would grow in my tank, I would be ecstatic!

Thanks again, Goatnad. This is so much fun to think about.

I just did some searching online. Wow, the Utricularia Graminifolia is absolutely beautiful! If that would grow in my tank, I would be ecstatic!

Thanks again, Goatnad. This is so much fun to think about.

If you are using organic potting soil then you won't need liquid ferts. The only thing s I recommend doing is putting little balls of clay down first(this is for iron which your potting soil may not contain a lot of), then soil and possibly push in a few root tabs if you have plants like amazon sword or crypts since they are heavy root feeders.

Now for some honesty about UG.... It is a beautiful carpeting plant but I did find some dislikes about. First is that when it spreads it really spreads. It is going to grow in every single corner of your tank. That was a good and bad thing for me. It began to get so grown into my hydrocotyle it was a pain to trim and manage. The next and probably my most disliked thing about it was it seemed to always be shedding leaves. I always had them floating or stuck to the wall at the top of the tank. Also when you are ready to do a trim and get that nice mowed lawn look it made such a mess in the tank. Trimmings were everywhere even with the filter off. Last dislike about it is its a small rooting plant. It doesn't grab and anchor into the substrate well so its a bit easy to accidently uproot it. Don't go jamming a siphon into it.

I thank you very much for the kind words. Always nice to get compliments:D

I also just read that it's CARNIVOROUS! What a strange and wonderful hobby this is... Thanks for giving both the pros and the cons--I really do appreciate it. I'm still thinking everything over and hope to be in touch eventually.

Back
Top Bottom