Wanted: Otto Cats (Otocinclus)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blackin

Aquarium Advice Activist
Anyone here raise & sell these awesome little fellas? They are really difficult to find here in my area for some reason, and when I do, they want like $4+ bucks a piece for them..

Wanting to see about buying a couple dozen of them to scatter around my 8 tanks.

Let me know!

Oh, I'm not looking to breed them. I just want a few in each of my tanks. :)
Was hoping someone here that breeds them would see this and hook me up with a bunch for a decent price.
I'll always favor spending my money here rather than a LFS if I can.

You still have some oto cats

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Sorry if hijacking but Coursair You are breeding them?

No, I attempted to breed them. I had a female who was full of eggs and very interested and I had at least three males but the issue was I ended up with three different species and none of the males with the same exact species as the female.

This happens a lot with Otos. Looking in a tank at a store sometime you'll see 2,3 or 4 different species.

I am restocking the tank now. I got ill and then I got injured and then ilI again. My tank maintenance was terrible, I do still have some fish but I do not currently own any Otos at this moment. My plants saved the fish that I have currently if I hadn't had plants I think I would've lost the whole tank. I've had my Otos for years so it was very sad to lose them some may have died from old-age , but I think it was partly from an explosion of duckweed which shaded out a lot of their favorite plants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. Big tank reset this Saturday at least the 55g is getting done. Should have more plants for other tanks as well [emoji106]?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom