Wanted: Tridacna Clams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Istrom

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey there,

(For those of you looking for a short read or summary, the TL : DR is as follows: I'm looking for tridacna clams. That's it. If you know a good place to get them, or you have one, pm me, thanks!! :) )

I'm looking for some Tridacnids to buy, I've looked around online a bit but everything seems very overpriced, very large, or the colors are just gross.

Yes, ANY of the Tridacnids will do (Derasa, Maxima, Squamosa, Hippopus, Crocea, etc...) as long as they just don't look ugly. The ones I'm most interested in would be a blue-lip tiger derasa, a blue-violet squamosa, and a deep blue or violet maxima.

Sizes? Pretty much anything under 3 inches will interest me, any larger than that is a maybe based on the exact size and price. (For example: a 4.5 inch blue-lip tiger derasa for $125 would be an easy yes)

Aquacultured (ORA) or wild caught?
Im in full support of ORA, especially since Montipora setosa has become endangered, but I am also okay with quarantined wild caught specimens.

In case any of you are wondering, yes, I am experienced in taking care of Tridacnids.

Pm me or respond below! Thanks guys! :)

Back
Top Bottom